AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 03-07-2020, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Now Charles, in order to test that theory, you’re gonna have to not only buy more expensive equipment than McIntosh, but also several countries and some exotic cars you know.

- Buck
I have been told I'm the king of sarcasm. I really have to watch myself in church because folks take everything I say seriously. So I hope you know I'm joking, poking fun at myself. But I do have the money. I've been very fortunate. I got out of the market just before the downturn, sold all my stock at record high levels and have made a lot so far selling bonds. Very lucky I guess. I'm buying stock again every time the market goes down big, funding my son's Roth for this year. I probably will never invest in personal stock again. I owned this fund for 30 plus years, saw it double, double, and double. Time to sell and I sold.

Seriously, the new MC2KW would be perfect for me personally and a true super amp. But unlike the XVX I can't exactly figure how to fit it into my space without whole sale changes. When the amps become available I will take some pics and get Mac and my dealer involved. Most of these really big amps require 240 volts to work well. These don't and I have confirmed they will work into my 5000's because of their high efficiency. Each 5000 would connect 3 power cords. 3 amps 9 cords 3 5000's 3 20 amp lines. Perfect.

The current 2KW is a mix of the old and new. The new one would be redesigned top to bottom with the new binding posts and truly beautiful cosmetics. The internal upgrades and changes would be massive. Like the XVX it would be cost efficient because it would represent an end point for me. I know there are other wonderful amps out there the Boulder 2000 series for example but not for me. Or Constellation just below the Hercules level but again not for me. Relentless too much amp for me needs 240 volts. Nothing else in Dag lineup interests me. I grew up with Mac. Love the Mac sound. Will never change. Based on my information the cosmetics and sonics will be something to behold.

I believe it can be done and something to look forward to. Life is grand.

Just to be crystal clear. I was told that by someone who did an analysis of my accounts but if any one thinks I believed it, they don't know me. That's probably the most ridiculous serious statement I have ever heard. I thanked him and left.

Last edited by Charles; 03-07-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:14 PM

I believe I have figured it out. The sub amp will fit triple stacked between the XVX and Thor exactly where the old MC601 was. The main amps will be double stacked 3 across with the 2 output modules on the ends closest to the speakers. One power module in the center and 3 across the top. So it can be done. I'll have all this year and into next to chew on it, but again something to look forward to. Should be cosmetically beautiful. Thor would be hid from listening position. Should be no ventilation issues. That's 1,200 pounds of amps and 6,000 watts. Do you think I'll need more??

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 03-07-2020 at 12:37 PM.