AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 PM

Blue is also a factory option.
Mine are blue, but I also have ARC equipment with green LEDs and I wish I would have went with green now, just for continuity.
I love both the BDP-1 and BDA-1. Bryston also offers the best customer service I have ever had. Keep us posted on your thoughts and impressions.
Would love to hear if you prefer the AES connection or the SPDIF...
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

Last edited by Bavarian05; 03-10-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfray View Post
Joe.... The MCD1100 is awesome I LOVE IT!!
I know , I could use it about now. I am glad your are happy with it.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
I know , I could use it about now. I am glad your are happy with it.
Thanks Joe and congrats on you new TAD's!!!
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfray View Post
Thanks Joe and congrats on you new TAD's!!!
Thanks Josh!

I am one happy camper.

Back on Topic .....
Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Thanks Josh!

I am one happy camper.

Back on Topic .....
Good Point.... Bob must be glued to his listening chair and I can wait to hear his thoughts on the Bryston gear!!! The BDA-1 was awesome
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer
Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 PM

Bob,

Are you ok?

He must be transfixed by his new Bryston gear. That's a good sign.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Hey Everyone,

I don't have the entire set up the way I want it yet. I get severe migraines and had to take a break this morning. I will finish the set up this week and post impressions soon. I just need to rest a bit first.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am feeling much better now, and the units are warming up quite nicely. I have plans tomorrow to gut the entire set up and re-wire everything, so the cables and set up will be much better. For now, I am very impressed so far.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Sent: April-12-12 10:59 AM
To: jamestanner@bryston.com
Subject: BDA/BDP

Good morning from Florida.

I enjoyed our conversation a couple of days ago regarding my BDA-1 and BDP-1. As I stated I have a Conrad-Johnson CT5 Triode Tube Preamp and two Conrad-Johnson LP125M Vacuum Tube Amps driving my five foot seven inch Martin Logan electrostatic speakers with a B&W 12 inch powered sub-woofer. My CD player is a top end Esoteric. Basically, I have been enjoying Stereophile A-Rated equipment.

My first piece of Bryston equipment was the BDA-1. The first thing I noticed was an increase of musical information I hadn’t noticed even in some of my prior dedicated CD listening. Clock speed and jitter problems were also appropriately resolved. I hate to admit it but the music was so enthralling I stopped analyzing and was listening. This was on music I was accustomed to listening to and had played many times before and used as test CDs because of my familiarity with the content. Some of my better engineered CDs presented a three dimensional sound stage that placed musicians not only left, right and center but fore and aft with a truly realistic musical presentation. Listening with the CD being played using the BDA-1 and the electrostatic Martin Logans was almost scary. With a slight addition of realism I would have attempted to put my arms around Shannon McNally, to comfort her, as she sang Pale Moon. I tried the BDA-1 in my family room hooked up to my Pioneer receiver Infinity Composition speakers and listened in the stereo mode. This too showed similar improvements. I was glad to see Stereophile give the BDA-1 a class A rating confirming what I already knew. In summation, the BDA-1 is greater than the sum of its parts.

I purchased my BDP-1 after my BDA-1 so I am not as familiar with the BDP-1 as with the BDA-1. I as yet have not integrated my HP laptop with the BDP-1 so I operate it directly from its front controls. (Not a big deal.) I use the AES/EUB to connect the BDP-1 and BDA-1. Downloaded FLAC files go to a desktop computer I built and put the music files on a thumb drive for use in the BDP-1. My minimum FLAC file is twice the size of a CD, that’s double the musical information.

You betcha it sounds good.

Richard Lizak
Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM

Sent: April-23-12 12:04 PM
To: jamestanner@bryston.com
Subject: BDP-1 from Absolute Audio

James,

My new BDP-1 arrived a few weeks ago I have spent some late nights listening to it through my BDA-1. I’ll skip all the stereo magazine quotes and just say that I am extremely happy to have this in my system. Both the BDP and BDA are excellent products that you and your team have every right to be proud of.

I also wanted to pass along my experience with your dealer network. I was on the hunt for new speakers about 3 years ago, and after touring through all the good stores in Calgary I ended up buying from James Davies at Absolute Audio. I have continued to deal with James for the past 3 years or so because he is very knowledgeable about components (whether he carries them in the store or not), and is clearly passionate about his job. I also appreciate his honesty in recommending products that fit the bill for my system, and more importantly steering me away from components that don’t. He was a big factor in choosing the BDA-1 last year, and my decision on the BDP this year.

Regards,
Grant