Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-07-2011, 01:53 AM

Congrats Serge !!

I think you'll love them.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
That's fantastic Serge - the long lost twins are "reunited" and back in sync :-).

I hope it works as well for you as your recommendation of the Tannoys worked for me!

Alberto
Alberto, over the years, I've learned to trust and value your opinion. I'm looking forward to "delicious sound" of my own.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two dot View Post
Shall we call you the Glimmer Twins???

Stephen, I guess that's better than the Chang and Eng Bunker Siamese twins.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Congrats Serge !!

I think you'll love them.
Thanks Jerome. This is not the first time I am going down the path of low tube wattage and higher efficiency speakers. In the past systems the results were very enjoyable. I am looking forward to this new system for sure!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Has anyone had a chance to employ the Auditorium 23 speaker cables? I recently inquired about availability and pricing. From what I have read they are ideal with the Shindo products but also quite suitable for other applications. Thoughts?

Has anyone had a chance to give their speakers (link below) an audition? Just curious. Also, ballpark -- give or take $10K -- what they go for? I mean, are these $10K speakers or more like $100K speakers.

Latour
Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
So I am pretty sure I will go with Shindo for my "analog room".

Having spoken with Alberto about his experience, talking to Matt at Pitch Perfect Audio and having read all the reviews I could find, I think the Shindo Monbrison and Cortese will be the system build out to drive the Tannoy Kensingtons.

I think the 10w SET Cortese should be just right with the Tannoy's, my room and type of music I mostly listen to on vinyl but we'll see how this plays out.

The wait begins. It takes 4-6 weeks for Ken Shindo to build the units. This will give me time to prepare the room with acoustic treatments, choose and get a rack (no more gear on the floor ) and to choose a turntable for this system.
I hope you have a chance to listen to some different set-ups before purchasing. In my experience each of the Shindo amps has a very unique tonal flavor and while each are exquisite pieces in their own right you most likely will have a distinct preference between the varying models.

The preamp solution is easy. Buy the best you can afford. I've listened to the Monbrison and have owned both the Masetto and now the Vosne-Romanee. The level of detail and emotional involvement increases as you go up the ladder - and it's not subtle.

The amps on the other hand really are a personal call on how you respond to the sound of the particular output tube. Ignore topology (SET vs PP). Buy the sound that floats your boat.

My $.02
Speakers: Tonian classic 12 (PHY driver) and Hawthorn Audio Trios (Open Baffle). Analog Source: Nottingham Ana-log, Garrard 301. Tonearms: SME 312S, SME M2-12R, Nottingham Unipivot. Cartridge: Koetsu Onyx, Lyra Helikon Mono, Ortofon SPU Classic. Digital Source: Eastern Electric Dac +. Electronics: Shindo Vosne Romane Preamp, 45,2A3,300B,F2a,GM70 SET amps, Atma-sphere S30 OTL, Dynaco ST-70, Shindo Haut-Brion
Old 08-25-2011, 08:03 PM

Auditorium speaker cables are very, very nice. They are a bit like audience products in my experience. They just let the music come through. They are great value. If you cant afford shindo speaker cables (I couldnt) I think you cant go wrong. There are a few reviews of them floating around the web.

Those Latours are the big boys and are likely around $50k to start?. The last time I inquired about the "peitie" latours they started at $25k. Now I hear they are at $30k! Gee the global economy is in the dumps but prices are going up? I realize some of it has to do with the foreign currency exchange rates but surely not all.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowens View Post
Auditorium speaker cables are very, very nice. They are a bit like audience products in my experience. They just let the music come through. They are great value. If you cant afford shindo speaker cables (I couldnt) I think you cant go wrong. There are a few reviews of them floating around the web.

Those Latours are the big boys and are likely around $50k to start?. The last time I inquired about the "peitie" latours they started at $25k. Now I hear they are at $30k! Gee the global economy is in the dumps but prices are going up? I realize some of it has to do with the foreign currency exchange rates but surely not all.
Thanks for your reply. I might be confused, but I thought the Auditorium 23 speaker cables were Shindo speaker cables. Am I missing something?

Also, thanks for the info on the Latours. That price tag is about what I expected to hear. Oh, well ... one can dream.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 PM

The A23 cables are produced by a german company "Auditorium 23"

Kabel
Old 08-25-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omodo View Post
The A23 cables are produced by a german company "Auditorium 23"

Kabel
Roger that. Thanks.