AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 05-21-2017, 07:09 AM

This news releases are very disappointing to me.
The streamers are growing quickly with competitors like SGM, Auralic, Wadax... that are including new technologies on their products.
The entry level of Aurender is perfect and to put a Spdif output on the N100 i don't think it will be a revolution on this market. I think is a very poor innovation. Good for the no USB Dac owners but from a SQ it hasn't no more sense. The N100 clock isn't as good as the N10 one so the kid that wants to put it on his K03X doesn't get better jitter control.
ACS is very poor product too. Another time, including a ripper is a very obvious and old solution.
I see with this movement that Aurender seems empty of ideas.
What about to research on a dedicate master clock? Maybe a stronger power supply? A better software with HQPlayer, Roon....?And more, and more...
Auralic is an example on this. His new G2 line is very smart idea and on the paper it will be a strong Aurender competitor. Doesn't forget that it will be an even better line soon (G3).
The A10 is to me an example of what Aurender has to do and the last release i see as an example.
They are losing their time on a delicate moment from development streamers.
Maybe i has to forget the W20 to see elsewhere...
Old 05-21-2017, 07:30 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
This news releases are very disappointing to me.
The streamers are growing quickly with competitors like SGM, Auralic, Wadax... that are including new technologies on their products.
The entry level of Aurender is perfect and to put a Spdif output on the N100 i don't think it will be a revolution on this market. I think is a very poor innovation. Good for the no USB Dac owners but from a SQ it hasn't no more sense. The N100 clock isn't as good as the N10 one so the kid that wants to put it on his K03X doesn't get better jitter control.
ACS is very poor product too. Another time, including a ripper is a very obvious and old solution.
I see with this movement that Aurender seems empty of ideas.
What about to research on a dedicate master clock? Maybe a stronger power supply? A better software with HQPlayer, Roon....?And more, and more...
Auralic is an example on this. His new G2 line is very smart idea and on the paper it will be a strong Aurender competitor. Doesn't forget that it will be an even better line soon (G3).
The A10 is to me an example of what Aurender has to do and the last release i see as an example.
They are losing their time on a delicate moment from development streamers.
Maybe i has to forget the W20 to see elsewhere...
Why disappointing ? Aurender have listened to what many people want.

If you want a better master clock, take the N10.

They way I see it with Aurender, you take your choice of what you want or need of a streamer/ripper/DAC.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:46 AM

Don't forget that Aurender is being considered the first reference streamer company with great developments like N10 and W20.
To the mass market it could be fine to complete the entry level but from a reference technology point they has loose an opportunity to reinvent the high line and the prestige that this implies.
Talking about clocks the N10 and W20 has the same internal clock but W20 has the chance to improve that signal with his clock input.
Why they doesn't do the same on N10?
That is only an example..the W20 is 4 years old and i think it is time to reivindicate it as the world reference streamer with an upgrade because other brands are growing quickly and smarter.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:49 AM

A product span of 4 years is not that long to me, I don't want the same, in my eyes crazy, "every year a new phone frenzy" in audio products.

And again, if you want to use an external clock, Aurender has the W20, if you don't want to use the external clock, the N10 is sufficient.

I am afraid, I don't really understand your problem.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:11 AM

Sorry impreza.
My English is limited so i can'i explain it like i wish.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:17 PM

No problem Nacho, it's not my first language either.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:36 AM

I like the new products. While neither the ACS or N100C are revolutionary, they both fill a significant product gap. I will be buying an Aurender this Fall, the N100C looks perfect as for the next year or so it will be ran through a Marantz AV7702 (which does not have USB input). Eventually I will be building a dedicated two channel room - in addition to my current HT. I like the N100C as it will integrate seamlessly into my existing HT, replacing my OPPO BDP103 as a music server/Tidal streamer. Yet, when I setup my two channel room I have the 9ption to use either USB or Coax output.