AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 06-03-2013, 06:47 AM

Default Speaker cables

Hi guys,

Are you able to recommend some good speaker cables for pairing up a C2820, A65 and focal scala utopia? I'm currently using a 2m PAD Corvus. Looking at switching as I'm shifting some things around and thus needing a 6m pair.

Budget would be something along the lines of us$3500 tops.

I listen to mostly jazz and oldies.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM

Since you're asking us, we have to ask you, do you prefer a darker sound, brighter sound or one with a bit of midrange "bloom?"
Old 06-03-2013, 08:44 AM

I would say midrange bloom?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:47 PM

Hi areamihc,
I found Siltech to be a good/excellent match with Accuphases (and coincidentally, with Focals too). Their Classic Anniversary 550L, or 770L should be within your budget if you could do with slightly shorter runs.

Or better still, if you could stretch your budget a bit more, go for R.S Prince ~ brand new out of the box, it dethroned my beloved KS Elation! SC within minutes (few tracks is all it took) a few years back. Was so enamored by its sound that I opted to buy the King instead then and there (which was also loan to me by my dealer at same time).

Great combo you have btw. How long have you had them - I believe the C-2820 was a fairly recent release yes? How are you liking them all so far?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 PM

Hey bvdiman,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll check out the price of the siltech locally though I suspect it might be hard to be within budget.

With silver in the cable, will it be bright given that focals are alittle bright themselves?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 PM

Bvdiman,

Had them (the accuphases) for about 8mths now I believe. My aim is to be like Toga, a full accuphase system! I just bought the accuphase AC5 cart as well. Not exactly thrilled with the cart at the moment, but we'll see how it sounds once I give it more play time.

I'm using the attached accuphase AD phono in the C2820 as well. Next target is a accuphase cd player. but will need to give my wallet a rest for now.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all

areamihc.......A 6 meter pair of Wireworld Eclipse OCC copper speaker cables lists at $3300.00. PM Ivan (Masterlu) for a quote.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 AM

areamihc,
I hate bright . In fact, I feel that their inherent qualities would seem to be an almost perfect fit for your Focals. *Google up 'Siltech cable review' and read up some to have a feel/idea of their sound see if it matches your preferences. However note they take quite a while to break, 500hrs+ best ~ borrow broken-in demo sets if possible.

I'm currently breaking in my new Siltech loom with accuphases (both cables and electronics are ar.2-3mths old), I feel their performance still fluctuates. First few weeks was a rough coaster ride which very nearly got me frustrated and return them all. At about 300hrs now, they are beginning to show their struts.. sounding quite well.. breathtaking! I'm expecting them to fully stabilized within the next month or two.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:22 AM

I've had the Siltech 330L Classic Anniversary in a system together with the Accuphase E-460, Meitner MA-2 and Kharma CE 2.3 Beryllium. Interlink was the Siltech 770L XLR Classic Anniversary. Siltech was a tiny bit nervous. Now switched to Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 and the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse XLR interlink. I'm satisfied
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 PM

Thank you all. Decided to try the siltech 330. Wish me luck!