AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Acoustical Treatments

Acoustical Treatments Because the room matters

Old 01-16-2013, 02:46 PM

The Acoustic Revive RR-777 is definitely doing something to the sound, but it is not for me. I have given this a real try over the last two weeks, but I would rather listen with it OFF than with it ON. For example with my system the tone of a piano changes and I am no longer involved with the sound as before. Maybe it is subtracting something on my system. The warmth and involvement are lessened for me.

Sorry to report this. I have tried it in several locations including six feet up between the speakers.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
The Acoustic Revive RR-777 is definitely doing something to the sound, but it is not for me. I have given this a real try over the last two weeks, but I would rather listen with it OFF than with it ON. For example with my system the tone of a piano changes and I am no longer involved with the sound as before. Maybe it is subtracting something on my system. The warmth and involvement are lessened for me.

Sorry to report this. I have tried it in several locations including six feet up between the speakers.
Have you tried positioning it high up in the back of the room? That's where I intend to position it.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
Have you tried positioning it high up in the back of the room? That's where I intend to position it.
No I haven't tried it there yet but I will. Thanks. I intend to keep trying different locations. I did note that turning over the wall plug-in of the wart changed the sound. I probably have wonky wall wiring.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 AM
Bodhisattva

It's also worth investing in a King Rex Mk2 psu Haydn. With the King Rex, you get a much higher grade cord & connects to the RR-777 via a short balanced cable (i'm using a custom umbilical with a gold neutrix connector). The King Rex improves the effect of RR-777.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
It's also worth investing in a King Rex Mk2 psu Haydn. With the King Rex, you get a much higher grade cord & connects to the RR-777 via a short balanced cable (i'm using a custom umbilical with a gold neutrix connector). The King Rex improves the effect of RR-777.
David... Where can I get a King Rex MKII PSU with fixed 12v upgrade option in 240v variety plus XLR to coaxial umbilical? The RR-777, is it 2.1mm or 2.5mm DC plug input?

BTW, has anyone out there upgraded their McIntosh MT10 PSU?

Last edited by MyPal; 01-28-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 AM

I just received my Acoustic Revive RR-777, direct Japanese import.

I should of taken a pic to show how it was wrapped! Meticulously folded & wrapped in rice paper & gold ribbon with & hand written letter of thanks on rice paper too.

As for the product, I had to open it up to see if there was actually any electronics inside, it's that light. I'm thinking it does something to emphasise the musical decay a little in the room. I have yet to do some serious 2ch listening, but once my system is back up & running again I will post.

I think it's a keeper.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
David... Where can I get a King Rex MKII PSU with fixed 12v upgrade option in 240v variety plus XLR to coaxial umbilical? The RR-777, is it 2.1mm or 2.5mm DC plug input?

BTW, has anyone out there upgraded their McIntosh MT10 PSU?
Hi Steve, sorry for the late reply as the thread has been idle for a while. I bought my King Rex Mk2 psu from Coem Audio Australia. Mine is the 13v version which outputs 12v dc via the xlr out. Speak to John. He also threw in a custom-sized umbilical cord with a higher quality Neutrix gold xlr plug!

In regard to the RR-777's dc plug input. I obtained the measurements directly from Acoustic Revive which are as follows -

Inner diameter 2.0mm
Outer diameter 4.5mm
Center + type.

The standard male connector John uses in his custom umbilical cords fits the RR-777 perfectly.

Cheers,

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 02-09-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Hi Steve, sorry for the late reply as the thread has been idle for a while. I bought my King Rex Mk2 psu from Coem Audio Australia. Mine is the 13v version which outputs 12v dc via the xlr out. Speak to John. He also threw in a custom-sized umbilical cord with a higher quality Neutrix gold xlr plug!

In regard to the RR-777's dc plug input. I obtained the measurements directly from Acoustic Revive which are as follows -

Inner diameter 2.0mm
Outer diameter 4.5mm
Center + type.

The standard male connector John uses in his custom umbilical cords fits the RR-777 perfectly.

Cheers,
Hi David...Thanks. I have already contacted him. Unfortunately he is no longer bringing them in.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Hi David...Thanks. I have already contacted him. Unfortunately he is no longer bringing them in.
That's a bummer Steve. Did John mention if King Rex have a new Distributor in Australia? All I can say about the KR Mk2 & RR-777 is they are MFEO
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Bodhisattva

In reply to an earlier question, I received this response from Acoustic Revive which might be of interest..

"RR-777 does not have a function to shield RF interference.
This might be a mis-information.
RR-777 just generate and spread Schumann resonance wave in a room
(Let's say forcibly ?) to correct the air to the state where it should
be essentially, and this results to reduce RF interference.

As the human body(including hearing and sight) makes the best
performance in a right Schumann resonance, it surely enhance our
hearing capability and also improve propagation of the sound in
the air."