AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Headphones, Personal Listening Gear

Headphones, Personal Listening Gear Personal Listening at its Best

Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 AM

Yea I noticed the Tubestore deal. Was thinking of grabbing a couple. Several different things on e-bay also.

I just want to see what Woo says about it.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:56 PM

I just had a very nice conversation with Woo Audio. Excellent people and excellent service! He said he does not worry about the buzz when first turning on the amplifier because they are pure tube power, no filtering, not circuit boards in there, just direct tubes. So this is normal. However he is a little concerned about the initial issue I had and is therefore going to replace the tubes.

Interesting point though. For the power tubes (the two little ones), they actually use NOS tubes. The Rectifier tube is new built, but not the 6DE7's. They test them all and send back ones that are not to their standards. So I have no need of buying NOS for these tubes since they are already providing them ...

I will see when the replacements arrive, however the ones sent with the unit are RCA. Can you suggest a tube that would be worth trying to roll these 6DE7's? Or do you feel what is sent with the amp is the best bet?

Last edited by Randy Myers; 05-22-2017 at 06:19 PM.