AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 01-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Audio enthusiast

Default Shunyata Sigma Series review

Review just out on the Shunyata Sigma series of cables from Audio Beat which people might be interested in...

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipmen...arch_sigma.htm

After recently upgrading my power cables to Shunyata and noticing a significant improvement, the past 2 days I've been testing some of their Sigma interconnects and all I can say is Wow!! Even my wife said to me she had never heard my system sound the way it did - the authority yet smoothness of the music was something I have never experienced before.

Now I'm in real trouble as I'm sure their speaker cables are also fantastic!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Dawson's Ridge

Did you really spend that much money on Sigma interconnects?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Vinyl Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Review just out on the Shunyata Sigma series of cables from Audio Beat which people might be interested in...

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipmen...arch_sigma.htm

After recently upgrading my power cables to Shunyata and noticing a significant improvement, the past 2 days I've been testing some of their Sigma interconnects and all I can say is Wow!! Even my wife said to me she had never heard my system sound the way it did - the authority yet smoothness of the music was something I have never experienced before.

Now I'm in real trouble as I'm sure their speaker cables are also fantastic!
If you demo the Sigma SC make sure you are ready to buy them!
EMM DA2 Reference|Aurender N100H
Shunyata Anaconda IC|MIT Oracle v3.3 SC
Old 01-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Audio enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
Did you really spend that much money on Sigma interconnects?

No I haven’t and didn’t realise their cost until after I had listened to them, but they do sound unbelievably good!
Old 01-15-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
If you demo the Sigma SC make sure you are ready to buy them!
That sums it up perfectly.

I'm slowly switching over my Zitron Anaconda wire and last generation Zitron Alpha power cords to the new Sigma NR stuff. So far, I've put a Sigma NR power cord from wall to the Triton v3/Typhon power distribution, a Sigma interconnect from DAC to preamp, and Sigma speaker cables in place of Anaconda speaker cables.

Amazing the transformation, and I was very happy with the Anacondas and previous generation Alphas before!

They are a lot of money, but in the context of a high-end system and the money other manufacturers' flagship cables cost I think it is value for the money, particularly when I consider what a single component upgrade would cost -- and no guarantee that performance would improve to this extent.

Every listening session is a real joy, exploring new and old music and just luxuriating in how present the music is in the room.

Vance Hiner's review over at Audiobeat hits the nail squarely on the head.

Steve Z
Teres turntable, VPI rim-drive, SDS, JMW 12.5 arms, Dynavector XV1-S & Helikon mono. Mac Mini/MMK/JS2 > Roon/Tidal/HQPlayer, Sonore ultraRendu/Signature P/S, Audience AU24 SE USB, Playback Designs Merlot DAC, Pinot ADC. Pass XP-27, Pass XP-30, Pass X250.8; KEF Blade 2 speakers, dual SVS SB16 Ultra subs. Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon & Typhon QR, Sigma NR, Alpha NR cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Ultras . . . and music!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:54 PM

Reading that article makes me itch to try some of the other Shunyata products in my system. I have 2 Alpha HC power cords, several Venom 14s on other components. ICs and speaker cable are a mix of WW and Kimber products.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:07 AM
Audio enthusiast

If you try be prepared to buy! Curiosity is a dangerous thing, buy hey, we're here to also have some fun!!
Old 02-15-2018, 08:24 AM

Same results here mirroring other comments...if you try anything in thr Sigma series not even considering their great prices, be prepared to want to buy!!!

I am in thus far with 3 CLOCK50 cables and 2 110ohm AES/EBU cables. The results are astounding!!!!
TAD Reference 1 MkII w/Stillpoints ULTRA5s, Esoteric P-02, D-02, C-02, and A-02, Cybershaft Custom Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, Shunyata TRITON v3, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Granite Audio Ground Zero, Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases
Old 02-15-2018, 04:15 PM

Default More of the same -- very impressive

Slowly biting off another chunk of the elephant, I've replaced my remaining Anaconda Zitron interconnects (phono to phono amp, phono amp to preamp, and preamp to amp) with Sigmas.

Thought the Anaconda ICs, which replaced Nordost Valhalla v1 were a big step up, but oh my goodness! these Sigma ICs are good.

Expensive, but the gain in performance and effortless sound quality are worth the substantial price of admission. I'm very pleased with the upgrade.

When the discretionary fund has recovered a bit I'll be starting on the power cord upgrades.

Steve Z
Teres turntable, VPI rim-drive, SDS, JMW 12.5 arms, Dynavector XV1-S & Helikon mono. Mac Mini/MMK/JS2 > Roon/Tidal/HQPlayer, Sonore ultraRendu/Signature P/S, Audience AU24 SE USB, Playback Designs Merlot DAC, Pinot ADC. Pass XP-27, Pass XP-30, Pass X250.8; KEF Blade 2 speakers, dual SVS SB16 Ultra subs. Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon & Typhon QR, Sigma NR, Alpha NR cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Ultras . . . and music!
Old 02-16-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Bet you can't buy just one...

Recently, I upgraded an Anaconda SPDIF coax to a Sigma SPDIF coax from my N10 to the DAC. Very impressed is an understatement. (tho' I do fret why I didn't buy the Sigma XLR digital, but...)

So, I saw a great price on a lightly used set of Sigma RCA interconnects and I bought the single pair they had.

I replaced the Anaconda ICs from the DAC to the ET5 pre with the Sigma ICs. Wow. Who knew there was so much music in there! Performance jumped quite a few notches...more detail, sound more independent from the speakers, each instrument more distinct, no harshness at all, bass has improved tone and detail....

The very next day I bought a second pair of Sigma RCAs to run from my pre to my amp. They arrive next week along with a new Sigma PC for my DAC.

I had been quite happy with the Anacondas until I heard a few Sigmas in my system. Luckily, I have a second system for the hand-me-downs so I can continue to enjoy the Anacondas in the office.

As folks have said many times, don't try unless you're willing to buy. (I will not try Sigma SCs, I will not try Sigma SCs... )

Expensive yes, but they are that good...replacing just the SPDIF and RCA IC was easily as significant as my last component upgrade (and better in some ways) in improving the sound. And another IC & PC arrive next week!

Highly, highly recommended.

Office: CJ ET3SE, CJ MF2550, Aurender X100L, NAD M51 DAC, Gallo Ref AV on the walls, REL T7i sub, Shunyata Anaconda PCs and ICs, Shunyata Venom SCs, Audience AU24 SE+ USB