AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 12-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Merry Christmas to all

I downloaded the Aurender Conductor app for Android on my Galaxy S7. It is available at the Google Play Store for free. Even though it is a beta version the app works perfectly. It found my N10 immediately, asked me to type in a registration number that appeared on my N10's display, and once done the app connected via WiFi for full control of the music server. The Aurender Conductor app for Android displays cover art, albums, artists, playlists, and queue. It also provides access to the N10's Settings menu, folders, and playback controls. It displays full screen cover art of the file being played. The app is as seamless as the iPad version. What the beta version does not provide at this time is control of Tidal streaming. I assume this feature will be added in future app updates. The Aurender Conductor app for Android is slick, providing an alternate control platform for those without an iPad.

My Aurender N10 music server now has 416 hours of break-in. It is sounding absolutely sublime and intoxicating.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 12-14-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
I downloaded the Aurender Conductor app for Android on my Galaxy S7. It is available at the Google Play Store for free. Even though it is a beta version the app works perfectly. It found my N10 immediately, asked me to type in a registration number that appeared on my N10's display, and once done the app connected via WiFi for full control of the music server. The Aurender Conductor app for Android displays cover art, albums, artists, playlists, and queue. It also provides access to the N10's Settings menu, folders, and playback controls. I displays full screen cover art of the file being played. The app is as seamless as the iPad version. What the beta version does not provide at this time is control of Tidal streaming. I assume this feature will be added in future app updates. The Aurender Conductor app for Android is slick, providing an alternate control platform for those without an iPad.

My Aurender N10 music server now has 416 hours of break-in. It is sounding absolutely sublime and intoxicating.
Dan....I use the S7 with my Network player and find it far more convenient to use than a bulky Note Tablet.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Dan....I use the S7 with my Network player and find it far more convenient to use than a bulky Note Tablet.
Douglas.......I have an older Galaxy S5 that I use for the Olive app to control my two 04HD's. The Aurender N10 music server replaced the Olive 04HD in the studio system and is now doing duty as my source component in my vintage system with the McIntosh MA230 and JBL 4312A's. The Android app for the Olive is actually easier to use than the iPad app. I prefer it. The best app is the Aurender Conductor app for the N10. It is seamless, intuitive, and great looking graphics. The Aurender Conductor app on the Galaxy S7 is good looking, too.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 12-15-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Douglas.......I have an older Galaxy S5 that I use for the Olive app to control my two 04HD's. The Aurender N10 music server replaced the Olive 04HD in the studio system and is now doing duty as my source component in my vintage system with the McIntosh MA230 and JBL 4312A's. The Android app for the Olive is actually easier to use than the iPad app. I prefer it. The best app is the Aurender Conductor app for the N10. It is seamless, intuitive, and great looking graphics. The Aurender Conductor app on the Galaxy S7 is good looking, too.
Dan..I will switch to the Aurender just for the fantastic app.

Enjoy your amazing player!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Dan..I will switch to the Aurender just for the fantastic app.

Enjoy your amazing player!
Douglas.......Switching to the Aurender N10 is a move you will not regret. I believe this is one of those rare audio components that is limited only by the associated gear connected to it. The N10 is a remarkable sounding music server.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Douglas.......Switching to the Aurender N10 is a move you will not regret. I believe this is one of those rare audio components that is limited only by the associated gear connected to it. The N10 is a remarkable sounding music server.
Dan...My dream source now would be the N10 with the Berkeley Alpha Reference series 2 DAC. One can dream!
Old 12-15-2016, 06:47 PM

Dan-

Have you compared the N10 to a Silenco that the other folks on this board are using? Curious to see how a purpose built appliance compares to a modified PC...

Thanks
Old 12-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1998 View Post
Dan-

Have you compared the N10 to a Silenco that the other folks on this board are using? Curious to see how a purpose built appliance compares to a modified PC...
Mike.......I have not compared my Aurender N10 to the Silenzio product. It is unlikely I will for several reasons, one being I don't have, nor do I plan to have a NAS system. I understand the Silenzio can be assembled with an internal hard drive for an additional fee to solve that issue and that is convenient. The price to performance ratio makes it attractive for those shopping that price point but for me there remains other aspects about the music server I am not enamored with. I'll chalk those things up to personal preferences. From the positive feedback of owners it is apparent Emile's Silenzio makes owners happy and that's a good thing.

I am beyond pleased with my choice of the Aurender N10 music server. I have no regrets choosing the N10 over a number of other fine music servers and network players I considered from well established and recognized audio manufacturers. The Aurender N10 meets all of my requirements and then some. Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier and now find myself contemplating another Aurender N10 for my living room system.

Last edited by jdandy; 12-15-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Mike.......I have not compared my Aurender N10 to the Silenzio product. It is unlikely I will for several reasons, one being I don't have, nor do I plan to have a NAS system. I understand the Silenzio can be assembled with an internal hard drive for an additional fee to solve that issue and that is convenient. The price to performance ratio makes it attractive for those shopping that price point but for me there remains other aspects about the music server I am not enamored with. I'll chalk those things up to personal preferences. From the positive feedback of owners it is apparent Emile's Silenzio makes owners happy and that's a good thing. I am beyond pleased with my choice of the Aurender N10 music server. I have no regrets choosing the N10 over a number of other fine music servers and network players I considered from well established and recognized audio manufacturers. The Aurender N10 meets all of my requirement and then some. Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier and now find myself contemplating another Aurender N10 for my living room system.

The one advantage that I think that the N10 has that a standard computer server does not is the ability to output to the dac with something other than USB. There is a noticeable difference introduced by the USB connection versus using coax or AES/EBU. You are right though, the Silenzo seems to have a fairly dedicated following on this bulletin board.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1998 View Post
The one advantage that I think that the N10 has that a standard computer server does not is the ability to output to the dac with something other than USB. There is a noticeable difference introduced by the USB connection versus using coax or AES/EBU. You are right though, the Silenzo seems to have a fairly dedicated following on this bulletin board.
Mike.......I appreciate your comments. Lets remember this thread is about the Aurender N10 music server.