AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 PM

One other thought: does this problem occur with all lights in the room off and no light from outside coming in through windows? Sometimes IR remote signals are adversely affected by light striking the IR sensor.

Douglas
Amplification: McIntosh C2200, NYAL Modified Super-it, Private design Tube monoblocks with Tube-regulated power supplies Sources: Linn LP12/Lingo/Ittok LVIII/Shure V15VxMR, Linn Unidisk SC, ADL GT40, Oppo BDP-105D, Magnum Dynalab Etude FM Tuner, Bell Expressvu 9200 PVR (2) Video: Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO 110FD (50") Speakers: Private design Folded back-loaded corner horns (3-way: JBL drivers) Cables: Linn Silver, Audioquest
Old 03-22-2014, 12:14 PM

Hmm I never thought about light being an issue. I usually do have my t/t lamp on but that's a small lamp directed towards the t/t rather than a bigger lamp.

This morning it's working again but generally if I'm close to the receiver. Things get problematic after 10ft away but they never used to be.

I'm thinking that perhaps there might be some sort of interference coming from somewhere or maybe the remote is on the blink (even if the red light does come on when I press a button). It works from 5ft away but not 10ft so that makes me go hmmmm

I think I'll try and keep a log to see if I can work out a pattern of sorts.

Mind you I've been thinking of getting an all in one remote for sometime as I have too many so maybe this is the push I need

I'll call my local dealer and see if they have access to a C220 just in case. It's been ages since I paid them a visit anyway and I do like visiting hi-fi shops.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Go Dawgs

Eddie......this may not be the most helpful post of all time, but I have a C220 and have always thought the remote was a pice of junk from day one. I have to point the dang thing directly at the preamp to get it to work at all. I use a Harmony remote so I don't have to mess around with it any longer, not to mention you can set up the Harmony exactly the way you want it. It's so much easier.

Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 03-22-2014, 12:48 PM

Hey Buck

My friend has a Harmony remote and he's been telling me I should get one for sometime now

Which model do you have?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Go Dawgs

Eddie.....it's an older one, a Harmony 510 which was one of their most basic models. It works for me since I have it in my 2 channel system and only use it for the McIntosh preamp and my Ayre SACD player (I also have it setup to control a Lutron dimmer in the room). I have two other Harmony remotes in more complicated A/V systems and I've found that they're the best that I've ever used. Haven't found one more user friendly yet!

Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 03-22-2014, 01:46 PM

The McIntosh HR071 remote will also work with the C220. I have one and it works fine with my C2200.

Douglas
Amplification: McIntosh C2200, NYAL Modified Super-it, Private design Tube monoblocks with Tube-regulated power supplies Sources: Linn LP12/Lingo/Ittok LVIII/Shure V15VxMR, Linn Unidisk SC, ADL GT40, Oppo BDP-105D, Magnum Dynalab Etude FM Tuner, Bell Expressvu 9200 PVR (2) Video: Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO 110FD (50") Speakers: Private design Folded back-loaded corner horns (3-way: JBL drivers) Cables: Linn Silver, Audioquest
Old 10-27-2018, 05:29 AM

guys, one question: is it possible to adjust the bass and treble control of the c220 via the remote? or do i have to get up my old ass everytime?

thanks and regards from germany,

oliver
Old 10-27-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typalder667 View Post
guys, one question: is it possible to adjust the bass and treble control of the c220 via the remote? or do i have to get up my old ass everytime?

thanks and regards from germany,

oliver

Manual knob adjustment only. I would not however suggest that you get up your old...just get off.