AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Classe' Audio

Classe' Audio Uncompromising Audio

Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 PM

The Feb edition of TAS has a very positive review of the CP-800. Have not read it in detail yet but the tone of the comments in the review is good.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
The Feb edition of TAS has a very positive review of the CP-800. Have not read it in detail yet but the tone of the comments in the review is good.
I love mine!! When I AB it to my Mcintosh C1000C/P - neither my friend or I could hear a difference. Now, the C1000T was another story. That preamp is a gem. I'm using my CP-800 in my Family Room system and it works perfectly and sounds great. I firmly believe current Classe gear is some of the best gear on the market (if you ignore price as a measure of performance and use your ears!) I prefer it to most of the other gear I've had in my system (bettered only by my Pass/ARC magical combo) and love its neutrality and speed. It makes for hours of fun, fatigue free listening without any coloration and super dark backgrounds. My CA-2300 and CP-800 allow me to really hear what my SF Mementos can sound like - without coloration. As a side, I see that John Atkinson uses the CA-M600's and CP-800 as his reference gear. I look forward to reading the TAS review. Thanks for sharing Mike.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM

My pleasure Mike!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas72 View Post
right now cp-800 is almost two years old now.maybe is time for me to move on?

I thought this was just released in 2012.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
I thought this was just released in 2012.
Classe announced the unit in Sept 2010 and I got mine in Feb 2011 when it was actually released.

Last edited by fourxmotion; 01-06-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovaird View Post
I love mine!! When I AB it to my Mcintosh C1000C/P - neither my friend or I could hear a difference. Now, the C1000T was another story. That preamp is a gem. I'm using my CP-800 in my Family Room system and it works perfectly and sounds great. I firmly believe current Classe gear is some of the best gear on the market (if you ignore price as a measure of performance and use your ears!) I prefer it to most of the other gear I've had in my system (bettered only by my Pass/ARC magical combo) and love its neutrality and speed. It makes for hours of fun, fatigue free listening without any coloration and super dark backgrounds. My CA-2300 and CP-800 allow me to really hear what my SF Mementos can sound like - without coloration. As a side, I see that John Atkinson uses the CA-M600's and CP-800 as his reference gear. I look forward to reading the TAS review. Thanks for sharing Mike.
I can't agree more.
I am fully satisfied with my cp-800-ca-2300-b&w 802 Diamond.really satisfied!
As said i am only disappointed about the firmware update. I have a lot of 24/192 tracks and lately I became a little curious to try something new like a mcintosh pre and ampli combination being fed from a full 24/192 dac like the mcd-1100.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxmotion View Post
Classe announced the unit in Sept 2010 and I got mine in Feb 2011 when it was actually released.
That's interesting. For some reason I had the impression this is a relatively new piece of gear. Obviously, I am new to following Classe. I agree that after two years the initial bugs should be fixed.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. For some reason I had the impression this is a relatively new piece of gear. Obviously, I am new to following Classe. I agree that after two years the initial bugs should be fixed.
There are no bugs.software update should provide improvements like 24/192 and ethernet functionalities (DLNA, airplay...).
Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Let me clarify - there are no bugs. It works as advertised. What's lacking is the USB actually being able to handle 24/192 files natively. Right now, it CAN play 24/192 files at 24/96 via USB and you don't need to go out and buy a USB to SPDIF converter. The other digital inputs are all natively 24/192 - so no issues there. Other new features are coming too - perhaps as a peace offering for the far too slow delay on the USB upgrade! All in all, feature wise, sound wise, I feel it's unbeatable at multiples of its price point.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovaird View Post
Other new features are coming too - perhaps as a peace offering for the far too slow delay on the USB upgrade!
Is there something you know that maybe you want to share with us??