AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 01-18-2014, 05:03 PM

Default Q7 Audition in NY

I will be in NY next week and wondering if there is a place to listen to Magico, and if possible Q7. Can New Yorkers help?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:12 PM

Ears Nova
Rhapsody Music and Sound
Old 01-21-2014, 05:35 AM

Seems Rhapsody no longer supplying Magico. And no one has Q7. I will try to listen to Q7 hopefully in Munich Hiend Show 2014 in May.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM

If you have time to go to Boston, Goodwin's has the Q7. As well as many other models from Magico, Rockport and other brands.

Paul Chambers, the manager, is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
If you have time to go to Boston, Goodwin's has the Q7. As well as many other models from Magico, Rockport and other brands.

Paul Chambers, the manager, is very knowledgeable and helpful.
I wish I knew that before :-)
Actually I go to Boston for a day but fully booked for business and will be back to NY afterwards. I will contact to them if I can create some time to visit. Many thanks for the info.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 PM

There is a dealer in Wilmington, De. - Overture AV - who shows the Q7 as well as an excellent lineup of electronics. The dealer is located about 10 minutes drive from I-95(suburb of Philadelphia), and about 120 miles south of NYC - much closer than Boston. Terry Menacker, owner, has many international customers.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.

Last edited by Yardbird; 01-22-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
There is a dealer in Wilmington, De. - Overture AV - who shows the Q7 as well as an excellent lineup of electronics. The dealer is located about 10 minutes drive from I-95(suburb of Philadelphia), and about 120 miles south of NYC - much closer than Boston. Terry Menecker, owner, has many international customers.
Thanks Yardbird.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:30 AM

Terry is a class act! I dealt with him for many years, but have gone a different direction with low power/high efficiency. One of the true good guys, and nice listening rooms. I have had the displeasure of speaking with Joshua from Ears once, and that was the end for me. I also agree with VT Skier, that Goodwins is a great shop. They also have a great analog setup guy, Jim Fuller.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number95 View Post
Seems Rhapsody no longer supplying Magico. And no one has Q7. I will try to listen to Q7 hopefully in Munich Hiend Show 2014 in May.
Clarification, Rhapsody DOES carry Magico, currently displaying S1's, S5's and S3's coming soon. Not sure where the above information came from??? Actually it could have been me as there were some changes going on with Magico sales management and I was not quite sure how things would shake out. I have a great relationship with Jon Baker, the Magico national sales manager and everything is zooming now with Magico at Rhapsody.

Please be careful to not "presume" which lines that Rhapsody carries or might carry, it might confuse clients or potential clients. Rhapsody's product lines are listed on the Rhapsodycinema.com site and there are no negotiations in place to add additional lines at this time. Come on in and hear the Magicos at Rhapsody and see why we love them, along with all of the product lines which we proudly represent.

Last edited by Avantgarde; 04-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantgarde View Post
Clarification, Rhapsody DOES carry Magico, currently displaying S1's, S5's and S3's coming soon. Not sure where the above information came from??? Actually it could have been me as there were some changes going on with Magico sales management and I was not quite sure how things would shake out. I have a great relationship with Jon Baker, the Magico national sales manager and everything is zooming now with Magico at Rhapsody.
I went to Rhapsody, met with Bob who is such a gentleman and music lover. We listened to Absolare pre/power with Magico S5 (in February). Bob was in Istanbul last week and we listened to similar Absolare pre/power with Rockport Altairs. I presume he will go with Rockports to demonstrate after what we both heard . I do not know if he also keeps on Magico as well.