AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 10-27-2016, 10:59 PM

Hi,

Julie Mullins of The Absolute Sound reviewed the Venom Signal cables very favorably in the August or September issue of TAS, comparing them to far more expensive cables. We will link to the full review once it is available on-line.

The Venom Signal cables were also reviewed by Guy Lemcoe, formerly of Stereophile, now writing for The Audio Beat

Shunyata Research Venom Interconnects, Speaker Cables and Power Cords - The Audio Beat - www.TheAudioBeat.com

Obtaining reviews of affordable signal cables in high-end media is no easy feat, but feedback from customers and dealers has been superlative. There will be more cables coming from Shunyata with the exceptional parts and material quality evident in our most affordable range.

I hope this is of some help!

Best regards,

Grant
Old 10-28-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Hi,
Julie Mullins of The Absolute Sound reviewed the Venom Signal cables very favorably in the August or September issue of TAS, comparing them to far more expensive cables.
Ah, I thought I'd seen a review recently in TAS or HiFi+. I just found it, it's TAS October, issue 266, page 164. It's a great review. She calls them "hard to beat value" and says they're "easy to handle, easy on the eyes, and...easy on the ears."
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 10-29-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
There will be more cables coming from Shunyata with the exceptional parts and material quality evident in our most affordable range.
Thanks! Anything you can reveal at this point on the above?
Old 10-30-2016, 10:42 AM

Hi,

We will be introducing Alpha and Sigma Series Signal cables before the end of the year. These will have very unique, pat. pending technologies and a unique appearance that allows you to see into the new science Caelin has developed. The interconnects for both lines will use Ohno Continuous Cast Copper and VTX (hollow-core) conductors, similar to the Venom Series cables.

Neither the Alpha or Sigma cables will carry the 5-figure price tags that have become common to the cable market, but we believe they should be compared to those that are in the 5-figure-plus category. We will share more information as we approach their introduction to the market, likely in early December.

Best regards,

Grant
Old 12-03-2016, 09:44 PM

I am for the most part a denier of the value of pricey IC's, but I am auditioning a pair of Venom IC's and right from the get-go, I think I prefer them to my Grover Huffman IC"s, which were a big upgrade from my previous cables. The sound of the Venom's is very tonally balanced with more nuance to the sound. The best I can say is that they sound "just right"! Worth a demo, no question, and in my view a good value for $300.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Cool, calm scientist

I think I am going to order me up a pair and do a demo...I just installed a pair of AQ Colorado ICs this week, between preamp and power amp, which was a nice upgrade to the AQ Columbia (which I like very much) that I had in place.

I have a very natural and musical-sounding all-tube C-J system, so this should be a nice pairing.

If the Venoms are better than the Colorado, then it I will use it throughout my system.

I certainly love the Venom power cords; they are an amazing value with respect to performance per dollar.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.