AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Vinyl & Accessories

Vinyl & Accessories Food for the Soul

Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
Yeah, kinda lifeless is a good way to describe them.
It's why I always say, once the mastering chain enters the digital domain it might as well stay there. Vinyl from digital masters seems so pointless to me. I refuse to partake in it.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Music Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
It's why I always say, once the mastering chain enters the digital domain it might as well stay there. Vinyl from digital masters seems so pointless to me. I refuse to partake in it.
If I know it ahead of time, I will not buy it. Sometimes it is very very hard to find anything on the jacket/label for info I do have some pressings from digital. Anyways it's cheaper to buy the CD than a vinyl pressing from digital of the same copy.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
If I know it ahead of time, I will not buy it. Sometimes it is very very hard to find anything on the jacket/label for info I do have some pressings from digital. Anyways it's cheaper to buy the CD than a vinyl pressing from digital of the same copy.
Hell, 24/196 FLAC studio-master audio files are less costly than vinyl.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:31 PM

My box set of the Beatles arrived and today was the first bit of time I have had to open up the package. This box set packaging is high quality considering how many they made. After lifting the slip cover off and opening the box set up, foam rubber is placed to keep the record and album corners from banging around. Inspecting the book the paper is a impressive mix of photo quality glossy paper mixed with text done in artistic eye catching way that makes you want to turn the pages slowly as you try to take in everything. I am looking forward to reading this as I listen to the albums. I also have a rolling stones magazine special Beatles album guide that I bought in 2009 when the cd's came out; this book is much nicer. So far I have only started to listen to the first album: Please Please Me. The record cover is mint and appears just like the original without yellowing of the white parts . The record is perfectly flat, no marks anywhere, the parlophone label is on this album. I cued the SME 309 to listen to the first song, sat down and the needle quietly rested on the vinyl and I thought seems dead quiet. A second later the guitar form I saw her standing there chimed in and let me say forget the nay sayers who have said this can not sound good because it was vinyl sourced from 24 bit digital. This sounds better than the 2009 cd I have. Please Please Me the song the album is named after sounds a little shrill on the cd compared to this record. I had already purchased a test LP of Sgt Pepper because MF on musical angle thought this remastering was excellent and so do I . The songs Baby It s you and Do you want to know a secret on the second side is the corny stereo way of the voices in the right speaker and guitar from the left speaker . Pressing the mono button on the C2300 cures this . I will report back on how the other albums sound but so far I am more than happy with the purchase.

Last edited by 1KW; 01-01-2013 at 03:43 PM.