AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 02-02-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jérôme W View Post
Hello friends,

Just got an incredible phone call from my Wilson dealer
Do you remember my binding post broken on the WP8 ?
Well, my dealer will come home to pick up my Puppy to change the binding post and......
will let me a pair of Alexia's to try at home for a whole week end !!!!
That is going to be fun !
This will be done saturday 23 rd of March.
Will plan a group listening session with friends in my room probably for the sunday 24th of March.

The dealer will probably be at home.
All my french and Belgium friends interested are warmly welcome : Jean Marc, Laurent, Frank, Philippe, Bart.... : we will surely have a great time.

Cheers !
Whaou Jérôme

I can't predict right now if i will be able to come...but i will try to do my best, and not only for the listening but more for to meet you my friend "in the real life"

Frank

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 AM

Hey slow down guys !

I said they are " coming to my home ". I did not say that I would buy them.
As I said a few times already here, I am not looking for the best sound possible, the most clean and neutral one, but for a sound that satisfies my soul and keeps me entertained.
This means that I could end up prefering the WP8 to the Alexias. Everything is possible.
Moreover, will the Alexia "work" in my room like the WP8 ?
An other concern is that I WON'T GIVE UP the full Shindo magic that I adore, and I mean preamp and amps.
For most people, the logical way to do things is to find a speaker that you love and after that look for the best way to drive them.
For people like me, very sensitive to what Shindo brings on the table, the equation is completely reversed : if a speaker is not suited to my Shindo gear, then it will not stay. Period. I do not want to loose an ounce of the incredible synergy that I have between my Shindo pre and the Shindo amps.
From the review just written by KK, it seems that the Alexia are the most difficult speakers to drive to date in the Wilson family : risks are very high that they will not pair well with my Shindo amps then or even if the sound is ok, the Shindo amps may suffer a lot from driving them even at very moderate volumes and may fail.
Actually when I think about this concern my feeling is that I should cancel this event with my dealer because I really do not think that my Shindo amps will be able to drive them safely.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 AM

Jerome - I have the feeling that the Alexias are coming for a visit but they will not be leaving...
Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 AM

Mike : it

Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 AM
What?

Jerome, this is so exciting. A whole weekend of trial and sonic bliss with Alexia's. Can not wait to hear your report.
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg

Last edited by gtubes; 02-04-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 AM

Mike. It depends also on the color....

Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 AM

Jerome, I've had the opportunity to listen to the Alexia's, two times in the last week, at my dealer in Dallas. I don't know how much power your Shindo's produce,but when I heard them,they were powered by the ARC REF 150. The REF 150 was more than capable of driving the Alexia's

Jerome,I know others may have already told you this,but the Sasha's or WP 8's are no match for the Alexia. I'm personally not a big fan of Wilson speakers but hearing the Alexia's was a profound delight.
You are going to be very surprised by the sound of these speakers. The new tweeter in the Alexia is the best sounding of any Wilson speaker that I've ever heard. The only speaker in the Wilson family that I've not heard is the XLF. That being said,the new Alexia is the BEST sounding speaker from Wilson that I've ever heard.

Be prepared to have credit card ready !!

All the best,

Mark
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDP
Jerome, I've had the opportunity to listen to the Alexia's, two times in the last week, at my dealer in Dallas. I don't know how much power your Shindo's produce,but when I heard them,they were powered by the ARC REF 150. The REF 150 was more than capable of driving the Alexia's

Jerome,I know others may have already told you this,but the Sasha's or WP 8's are no match for the Alexia. I'm personally not a big fan of Wilson speakers but hearing the Alexia's was a profound delight.
You are going to be very surprised by the sound of these speakers. The new tweeter in the Alexia is the best sounding of any Wilson speaker that I've ever heard. The only speaker in the Wilson family that I've not heard is the XLF. That being said,the new Alexia is the BEST sounding speaker from Wilson that I've ever heard.

Be prepared to have credit card ready !!

All the best,

Mark
Mark,

My Shindo amps give about 20 W of class A power on 4 ohm and probably only 5 W on 2 ohm.....
I will surely love the Alexia but I'm not o sure that my amps will love them !

Old 02-02-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jérôme W View Post
Mark,

My Shindo amps give about 20 W of class A power on 4 ohm and probably only 5 W on 2 ohm.....
I will surely love the Alexia but I'm not o sure that my amps will love them !

Well, the good thing is that you have your Manley, that way you will get to hear what the Alexia can do. I hope that you have a great time listening !!!!!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Life is beautiful

Wow Jérôme!
Awesome!
I'll do my best to be there.

Don't you worry too much about your amps.
Try them first on the Alexias, and see what they can deliver.
You only need a couple of watts to get really loud music.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables