AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 10-26-2017, 11:23 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Paul.......That is good response time. Jesse and his team are sharp. He helped me once when I had an issue with my desktop not wanting to see the Aurender hard drives. His tech remotely accessed my N10 and had the issue corrected in less than five minutes. I believe they will be able to help you with the slow download.

Thanks for keeping us up to date as progress is made.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-26-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Paul.......That is good response time. Jesse and his team are sharp. He helped me once when I had an issue with my desktop not wanting to see the Aurender hard drives. His tech remotely accessed my N10 and had the issue corrected in less than five minutes. I believe they will be able to help you with the slow download.

Thanks for keeping us up to date as progress is made.
My pleasure Dan! Here's the screenshot.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Last edited by Audiophilehi; 01-25-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:29 PM

Still can't figure out how to attach nice pics.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:48 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit.
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution Bar:Shunyata Everest 8000 w/Omega XC Power Cable.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110 ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:34 PM

Default Aurender N100H Is In The House - Transferring Music Very Slow

I’m closely watching this thread. I’m hoping to buy one after the new year. I hope they can resolve your issue.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:36 AM

Angry

***Update***

I believe the issue was with my Seagate 5TB external HDD. See Jesse's response to me below.

Hello Paul

"This is an unusual problem and I’ve requested some more information from the engineers about this. Since it is the weekend in Korea, it may take a couple of days before I hear back from them. In the meantime, would it be possible to cancel the copy and try transferring some of the content (not all, but enough to be a lot) and see if it still works slowly?

I’ve never seen this happen before so it also may help to know the make and model of the USB hard disk you are using and also the file system on the disk.

Further, if the USB disk works with or without a power supply, have you tried it with or without the power supply to see if there is any change?"

Best Regards,

Jesse

So before I responded I thought maybe it is my USB HDD so I went to the bullpen and brought in my OWC backup HDD.

Well all I can say is with the Seagate HDD in about 8 hours I transferred only 28GB of music. With the OWC HDD I'm currently at 30GB in about 15 minuets.

Not sure why this would be an issue with my Seagate HDD but all I can say is that because of Aurender's excellent customer service I am on my way.

P.S.

Jesse's email to me was on Saturday 9:32AM Korea time. Not bad customer service.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:42 AM

There you go.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Paul.......So glad to hear the issue has essentially been solved. The Aurender N100H wasn't the bottleneck, the Seagate USB hard drive was the culprit. It's good that you took the initiative to experiment with a different hard drive. Kudos to Jesse for the excellent customer response. I expect he will be getting back to you with additional information. My experience with Jesse was remarkable as well. It is satisfying to know there are top quality people supporting your equipment and willing to respond to issues even on the weekend. Aurender manufacturers premium components and definitely walks the walk when it comes to customer service. Top notch in my book.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-28-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Paul.......So glad to hear the issue has essentially been solved. The Aurender N100H wasn't the bottleneck, the Seagate USB hard drive was the culprit. It's good that you took the initiative to experiment with a different hard drive. Kudos to Jesse for the excellent customer response. I expect he will be getting back to you with additional information. My experience with Jesse was remarkable as well. It is satisfying to know there are top quality people supporting your equipment and willing to respond to issues even on the weekend. Aurender manufacturers premium components and definitely walks the walk when it comes to customer service. Top notch in my book.
Thanks Dan.....I couldn't be happier! I'm sure we can all agree on that when something is not right with any part of our system it can be frustrating. A quick response can calm the nerves. In my case Aurender's customer service is above and beyond.

It also doesn't hurt that the N100H sounds incredible. A huge step up from my Mac-Mini. I'm sure it will improve even more over time.

Wow just realized its 1:38am and I'm still listening. Maybe just one more album.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
Wow just realized its 1:38am and I'm still listening. Maybe just one more album.
That's the spirit. I'm also up and listening, same time zone. Maybe just one more album!