AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 01-08-2015, 11:37 AM

Please do not use MIT cables with the delicate Switchcraft plugs, read the Understanding Shindo sticky, even though its now way, way off topic, some info on this is there. Only Switchcraft terminated cables can be used. Its quite possibly you've already damaged the jacks with these "monster" cables.

This is exactly why a dealer is important. So many mistakes are made without support.

Jonathan
Old 01-08-2015, 05:04 PM

Thanks for the guidance - much appreciated.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho22 View Post
Thanks for the guidance - much appreciated.
Auditorium cables are less money then Shindo cables and work very well. They are not exactly the same as shindo but they work with switchcraft plugs and are very great musical cables. Both are excellent choices. I use both with great success.

Last edited by 755a; 02-16-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 755a View Post
Auditorium cables are less money then Shindo cables and work very well. They are not the same as shindo but they work and are very good.
Not sure if I was clear enough when I wrote this post.

Auditorium and shindo cables both work with the auditorium sut. By that I mean they fit the switch craft plugs perfectly and they have no hum. Neither cable will damage either auditorium or shindo inputs.

Of all the cables I have used in the past with my systems I have found auditorium IC's and Shindo IC's to be the best sonic match for shindo equipment. To me either brand sound exceptional. I have shindo IC's on my analogue section and Auditorium IC's on my digital section. I use Auditoium speaker cables. There are sonic differences between the brands but to say one is better then the other would be near impossible as they are just a bit sonically different, I could see someone preferring one brand over the other but which brand that would be would come down the the individuals preferences.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:15 PM

it was clear - thanks. I do have the A23 speaker cables and a few Shindo IC but simply run out of funds…
While I like the A23 cables the Stealth audio speaker cables I have show wonderful detail, clarity and depth (got them from a friend in a great deal) with all the gear I tried.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 PM

Auditorium speaker cables are one of the best deals in hifi. Fantastic cables at a reasonable price.

I would not use anything but auditorium A23 or Shindo IC's with my equipment. That way I know I will not damage the inputs and I know that I have the best sonic match.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:22 AM

I have the EMT TSD 15 and a Soundsmith modified wood body Denon 103. A Bob's Devices 1311 SUT sits between my custom slate Lenco with Schick tone arm and my Aurieges. I love both, and they share similar qualities, with the EMT being the more vivid and detailed of the two. I've never done critical listening to compare them though, so I can't provide more refined distinctions. However, my Shindo dealer doesn't think that the Bob's devices SUT, which is great for the 103 (40 ohm), is the best match for the TSD 15 (24 ohm). I think that there may be an impedance mismatch - the sound is a bit overblown, slightly bloomy, and a tad hot in upper midrange.

Originally, Soundsmith put a wood body and ruby cantilever on the 103, and it sounded phenomenal. Oh, but it was luscious and detailed. It was fragile though, and after the third cantelever snapped, I instructed them to use aluminum. No problems since then, but it lost that extra "technicolor" quality.

Last edited by Jceaves; 02-14-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM

I was able to get new A23 ICs but the hum is still there - i will experiment some more with the SUT placement and ground wire. My Kuzma could maybe benefit from a new IC too…
I did put the A23 speaker cables back and they sound fine for sure, but the Stealth clearly beats them (my wife hears significantly bigger difference then I do).
Old 02-15-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho22 View Post
I was able to get new A23 ICs but the hum is still there - i will experiment some more with the SUT placement and ground wire. My Kuzma could maybe benefit from a new IC too… I did put the A23 speaker cables back and they sound fine for sure, but the Stealth clearly beats them (my wife hears significantly bigger difference then I do).
Sancho,

What is your TT ?
Did you check the ground cable on it ? I mean is it really connected to the TT ?
Old 02-15-2015, 02:06 PM

Great suggestion - thanks.
The TTI is a Kuzma Stabi S with Stogi S arm and an Ortofon Kontrapunkt cartridge.

The hum was not there with my previous phono stage (Pass Labs Aleph ONO) and the cable seems to be OK.