38 is not the most updated one
Old 03-22-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchc View Post
http://updates.psaudio.com/Regenerat...1-X-FMC-29.zip

Be sure to update to latest firmware 39~
38 is not the most updated one
Done! 5 minutes job. It is that easy!

Immediately I can hear the difference - goodness of previous MW6 setting but gaining back what I described went missing previously in FirmWare38. No doubt, MW6 is my defacto superior setting now.

*Again thanks williamchc! Your link will also be very useful to other fellow AA members currently owning P5/P10.
And bravo to PS for their continuous upgrade/support to customers for free, and oh so simply accomplished...
Old 03-22-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvdiman View Post
William, appreciate your sharing of experience there!
Been reading up that Synergistic's SR20 fuse needs to be installed/inserted backward (spelling wise) and at least given a week for them to properly shine? Further improvement also to be gained by sticking some Quantum stuff on them?
Anyway I'll give them a go as it's a free compliment from my Dealer. Would also love to get the few that you mentioned and recommend which work best with your P5. Shipping should be lite 'n easy (UPS?), and any method of payment is fine by me - if you could help. Join and be a subscriber here so that we can PM!

And another thing which perhaps you or other P5/P10 users could help..
My P10 has got the older single Multiwave/Sine setting only. Just checked FirmWare is currently 34 (whereas most latest version is 38 I believe). Dealer told me unit I had was shipped from factory only last December ('13). hmm..
Anyway, tried to update to the new VariableMultiWave through link I found in PS Audio Forum : MultiWave Firmware Update | PS Audio
Been following the instructions very carefully - downloaded the 'Update' to my MacBookPro, transferred them to new SD card supplied with the unit, switched off my P10, inserted the SD to unit and turn it back on, nothing happen, no blinking nothing, just the usual start up message stating ~ "Regenerator Operational'. Damn..
Even repeated the above process a couple of times, meaning emptying the content in SD card and again re-installing them, still no luck. Wondering now, what could have caused this glitch. Any other PSA users here facing similar issue/unsuccessful whilst trying to update to new/latest FirmWare? Thanks for any advise given!
Haven't heard other Synergistic's products except their fuses and power cords, so don't know how their Quantum stuff perform.
Run-in does matters, but will not change its overall sound signature. So if you don't like it, you probably still don't like it after the run-in.
Feel free to try and compare with those you can find in your region, and choose the one you like most~
Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Ice Man

P10 owners...do you need to break this in for best result? Is it necessary to have one per amp? Can you mix your sources in P10 aswell?

MC601x2;MC303x1;MC150x1;C50; KRELL Foundation;OPPO95;SONY XA5400;MAC MINI;B&W802D; HTM2D;DB1X2; TANTRA 6.1 X4. JVC RS 45; SI ZERO EDGE.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:47 PM

The advice I received and acted upon was to have separate p5's for each 1200 watt mono. When I crank the system the p5s only show using 20-25% capacity fyi. I see no reason there can't be other things plugged in - it gives you capacity feedback.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:48 PM

Just checking with other fellow P10 users whether FirmWare-39 is still most current or there has been update ever since?
Old 11-30-2014, 12:11 PM

Yes, 39 appears to be the latest firmware. Remember when upgrading firmware to to delete all previous files on SD card before downloading and opening the next firmware update.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps7256 View Post
Yes, 39 appears to be the latest firmware. Remember when upgrading firmware to to delete all previous files on SD card before downloading and opening the next firmware update.
Noted, thanks..
Old 03-03-2015, 07:40 PM

Been toying around to optimise performance of my P10.
Recent being change of standard fuse to Synergistic Research SR RED, and a Shunyata Sigma HC cords which accumulatively made for quite an uplift in performance.
Fuse was more straight forward as there was no comparison made, and the RED was hands down audibly superior to standard one.
For power cords, a little tougher as PS own AC12 seems to me an almost perfect match with their own units - balance wise, as well reasonably priced to boot. Numerous much costlier cords I tested in the past would excel in one or two areas but found myself to almost always gravitate back into using them.
Last week, a dealer loan me the Sigma HC for the weekend. Immediately liked what I heard and paid for it the next day. Unfortunately, they do go through the hellish (ok, a little exaggerating this ) break-in period like some have reported.. On day 2-3 bass went missing, came back on day4-5 but a tad mushy and ill-defined. Only shaping back to composure on day6-7.. Seems pretty much stable now at day8 (200+hrs) and loving what they do. As weighty as PSA AC12 only more balanced (AC12 is slightly tilted down), with better resolution, black, and speed - overall more natural/musical rendering with power/energy in spades. I think this one will be staying.
Recommended to those looking for worthwhile tweak to up the performance of their units.

Acrolink 7N-PC9500
IMG_0113 - Version 2.jpg

Shunyata Sigma HC
IMG_1089.jpg

Last edited by bvdiman; 03-06-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:20 PM

I see several references to the synergisitic SR Red fuses. Specifically which fuse in their line should I be purchasing and what is the best source for purchase? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Ordered the AC12 power cable from my dealer today. Not expecting any big changes, but if they come they will certainly be welcome!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds