AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Shooting Sports

Shooting Sports Guns & Ammo

Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
As the initiator of this thread, I think the two nay-sayers are entitled to their opinions, but are wrong and likely know very little about hunters and hunting. Hunters pour more money into wildlife and habitat conservation then any other group. Have forgotten the exact number, but is in the 10s of $billions. The majority of hunters are not 'gun-nut NRA members'. In fact, one of the biggest whines from the NRA is that hunters are not members and get a free ride (total BS). Wonder if these 'anti's' spend their time watching such non-barbaric and sophisticated sports as football? Not sure about you, but am looking forward to a nice bowl of venison chili this winter. Headed south again this season. Will be donating any meat to one of the local food kitchens (our outfitters even butcher everything for them) so don't have to hassle with hauling everything back. Just a couple of loins (one to grind for the chili).
Glenn.......I have to take exception with your comment, "gun-nut NRA members". I have been a member of the NRA for over 30 years. I know many NRA members who also are long standing supporters of this gun rights, Second Amendment supporting organization. I am no "gun-nut, nor are my friends. We are certainly as responsible, law abiding, safety concise, and trained as many hunters and other gun enthusiasts, including those who may not be active NRA members. In fact, my NRA pals are far more safety conscious than many hunters I have encountered in the northwestern forests I have hunted. It is pitiful the way the NRA is portrayed in and by the media and others. The NRA and ILA are strong supporters of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and I am pleased to help support their efforts on all levels. The real gun-nuts are those who use deadly force, be it pistols or rifles, in the commission of criminal activities. That is where the real focus should be placed.

I'll get off my soap box and return the thread to deer hunting.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 10-08-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
As the initiator of this thread, I think the two nay-sayers are entitled to their opinions, but are wrong and likely know very little about hunters and hunting. Hunters pour more money into wildlife and habitat conservation then any other group. Have forgotten the exact number, but is in the 10s of $billions. The majority of hunters are not 'gun-nut NRA members'. In fact, one of the biggest whines from the NRA is that hunters are not members and get a free ride (total BS). Wonder if these 'anti's' spend their time watching such non-barbaric and sophisticated sports as football? Not sure about you, but am looking forward to a nice bowl of venison chili this winter. Headed south again this season. Will be donating any meat to one of the local food kitchens (our outfitters even butcher everything for them) so don't have to hassle with hauling everything back. Just a couple of loins (one to grind for the chili).
Your sweeping generalization of NRA members seems as uninformed as those who paint hunting as simply barbaric. I'm Lifetime NRA member and have been one for over 45 years. I'm far from a "gun nut" and make little or no reference to my involvement with firearms. Like most things in life you will find extremes on both ends of a topic. If your experience with NRA members has been poor then I am sorry but I also ask you refrain from painting us all with the same brush!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.

Last edited by DonBattles; 10-08-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
As the initiator of this thread, I think the two nay-sayers are entitled to their opinions, but are wrong and likely know very little about hunters and hunting.
Oh, I am wrong and know very little. Thanks bud!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
Your sweeping generalization of NRA members seems as uninformed as those who paint hunting as simply barbaric. I'm Lifetime NRA member and have been one for over 45 years. I'm far from a "gun nut" and make little or no reference to my involvement with firearms. Like most things in life you will find extremes on both ends of a topic. If your experience with NRA members has been poor then I am sorry but I also ask you refrain from painting us all with the same brush!
Dan & Don:
Sorry........ was attempting to paraphrase the often misguided characterization by many folks in the media about members of the NRA, of which I am also a long-time Life member. I don't mind being called a 'gun nut' (though 'shooting nut' would be more accurate) any more than I mind being called a 'stereo nut' or 'music nut'. I shoot about 30 competitions each year and all, except the M-1 matches (CMP), are run under the auspices of the NRA.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Glenn.......I misunderstood. We are hammered so regularly by the inept and misguided media minions that I feel compelled to speak when I sense propaganda flowing.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-09-2013, 09:33 PM

Default Guilty

Guilty as charged wish I got to hunt more often, getting into archery and cant wait to hunt with a new bow
Old 10-09-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber_Jones View Post
Oh, I am wrong and know very little.
glad to see you recognized your transgression .......
Old 04-30-2014, 06:42 PM

NRA member and long time deer hunter here.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I guess you can change your quote to three nay-sayers. I am not sure how our opinion is wrong the same way I would never tell you that your opinion and your right to hunt is wrong. Mutual respect should go both ways.

Just my 2 cents...

Joe

Last edited by joe1515; 05-03-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Racing Hoopties

I've been deer hunting for 40 yrs. part of my family that one generation ago needed the meat to eat.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack