AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 06-02-2013, 08:41 PM

For WEL.
Both
Also MIT SHD that Frank750 recommended too.
With MIT, I will try again by turning those knobs, see if I can calm them down.

I may also need to remove some oyaide 004 out of power supply too to ease the sound of MIT.

http://www.audiobilityuk.net/pdf/mitreference2013.pdf

Last edited by TOGA; 06-03-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Hi Toga. How about cables from Jorma Design? Have you tried them with any of your Magicos? Would love to hear your impression. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Frank750,

What is it in the sound of SHD that hook you, will you please give me more details?
Do you keep the knob in center or turn them some way? What is your preferred articulation switch position?
You also use SHD with Magico Q7 too right, are the tails long enough to keep network box on the floor?
I better calm down and not torture my own wallet more. May be 2 pair of Transparent Reference IC at $4,xxx
Are what I need. Recently I spent too much for this hobby. Talking about Opus or SHD may be too much of a
Day dream to me. .. Sigh..
Toga
It's all good Toga but if I had to pick one highlight it would be the sound staging. It is far better than with any cable I've used. The separation and definition of instruments and vocals and the three dimensional quality of those same instruments and vocals along with the magnificent layering capability is incredible and unmatched in my experience. And oh the bass....you have to hear it!

I have the articulation control set to SHD. The low frequency and high frequency settings are dead center. I've tried other settings but prefer the middle setting. The ICs are a little more complicated.

I don't have the Q7. My current and probably last speakers are The Sonus Faber (Fenice) driven by Pass Labs XS300 amplifiers. Previous amps were ARC REF 610 with ARC Anniversary.

And yes I agree, the MIT MAX-SHD can be absolute torture on the wallet but in my case at least it was money well spent.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
For WEL.
Both
Also MIT SHD that Frank750 recommended too.
With MIT, I will try again by turning those knobs, see if I can calm them down.

I may also need to remove some oyaide 004 out of power supply too to ease the sound of MIT.

http://www.audiobilityuk.net/pdf/mitreference2013.pdf
If you need something to calm down the MAX-SHD then they probably aren't broken in. They definitely don't need calming down when completely burned in. But, as I said previously, they take a long time to sound their best. At least 3 weeks of 24/7. The MIT manual stated 75% in 48 hours and 100% in 2 weeks is not even close. I can't speak for the rest of the MIT line except for the MAX REV2 which I tried as well.

A less expensive alternative and a very good one in my opinion would be the V1.3 Speaker cable which can be had from the MIT on- line sources. I have tried them and they are very very good. Joe Abrams will let you try them out for a few weeks at only the cost of shipping if you don't want them.

Last edited by Frank750; 06-03-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 PM

I will pray that SHD loom are at least just as musical as Opus after that forever broken in.

That is because SHD likely to cost less. After negotiation with Transparent , I am off due to sky high price.

So I hope I will fall for SHD just like you do. Dealer say they are burning them in for me at the moment, for a complete loom.
Didn't ask biwire or not, or long tails or not.

Toga
Old 06-04-2013, 12:51 AM

Good move if things get materialized and you willing to do a major cable revamp that is. I usually stand in the complete/full loom camp in order to avoid/minimize complication within a system. Synergy of MIT with Magico should be superb there . And albeit MIT put up sky high msrp, they are known to be super generous with discounts.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:23 AM

A fun statistics.

With MIT loom, 3 cables connected , there are 140,000 possible settings that we can do.
Even in MIT catalog say, be prepare to take some time, or forever to find that perfectly balanced sound.

Man they are huge, and with short tails. Also I got only one pair of Xlr. The other IC is RCA.
These are all dealer have in stock I think. To run complete loom, I must use unbalanced in one point.
Where should that be?

Toga
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-780264658.jpg (55.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg image-4091633945.jpg (60.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg image-745403265.jpg (39.8 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by TOGA; 06-05-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:31 PM

Toga, I'm so glad you are enjoying your Q7's so much. Having a true reference speaker system to compare highend cables and IC's through is something only Ivan, Jim and a few others can have the joy of doing. Currently you own the speaker in all the world that is most suitable for this type of enjoyment. And you seem like someone truly deserving of such a great honor. Good luck on your quest and may it never end. The journey is the fun.

BTW, Jive Turkey on the Wilson forum just received his XLF's.

Last edited by Charles; 06-04-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: ps
Old 06-05-2013, 07:54 AM

Thank you so much Charles for cheering. XLF was never in my eye sight...because of the price asking.. Haha

So there was no comparison for me between Q7 and XLF.

Now I hope the new MIT SHD will show potential. This time I will give them full time work rather than
Switching between cables. I will burn them in as frank750 suggested.

Toga
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Now I hope the new MIT SHD will show potential. This time I will give them full time work rather than
Switching between cables. I will burn them in as frank750 suggested.

Toga
Too bad, now we have to wait a while for new results
But i think it's good to burn them in as frank750 suggested.

I'll stay tuned, interesting !