AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:33 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Still digging your Corns?

2-Channel Systems:
#1: C2600, *MCT450 CD Transport, Wyred4Sound bLINK, MC275VI, Bryston Model T's
#2: MA252, Focal Aria 906, Emotiva ERC-3

Misc: *MPC1500, (3) PS Audio Noise Harvesters; *R778 McIntosh Dealer Sign; Blue Jean Cables/Belden interconnect cables, WireWorld Aurora 5/2 & 7 power cables, 24" McIntosh Neon Curtis Clock, Radio Dust Covers by Stan for all, * = w/Ivan Handles
Old 02-08-2018, 01:17 PM

I've already posted this on another forum. So, if you've already seen it, I apologize. I'm just trying to get more opinions before possibly making a drastic move with my system that wouldn't be easily reversed money wise.

My system is what many would consider a dream system consisting of Wilson Sasha speakers driven by big McIntosh mono blocks and a pair of REL subs. The front end components are also considered top of the line.

Recently, I purchased a pair of Heresy IIIs for a second system in another smaller room. The Heresy's are being driven by Quicksilver V4 amps. To put it mildly, I am amazed at how good this setup sounds and how much I enjoy listening to music on this system. The Heresy's obviously do not have the bass impact and refinement of the "big system", but music just sounds so real and present in this room. The majority of my listening is to classic rock and jazz.

So, my question for this thread. Has anyone heard or has anyone actually sold their big buck components and switched to Klipsch Heritage speakers, Cornwalls, and lived happily ever after? Yes, I know Cornwalls aren't exactly cheap, but compared to what they'd be replacing, I could probably sell the Wilson's, the 500 watt Mac amps and REL subs and buy the Cornwalls and have a lot left over.
Judging from the sound I'm getting from the Heresy's, I imagine the Cornwalls would be amazing.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Dawson's Ridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdbc View Post

...but music just sounds so real and present in this room...
That is because horns are much more efficient with less distortion resulting in greater clarity, faster transient response, and more dynamics.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Retired

Can't imagine that the Cornwall IIIs or Forte IIIs won't be superior to the Hersey IIIs. Would like to hear the recently redesigned mid-range on both.
Accuphase E270 w/AD-50, T-106 Canton Reference 9 K Clearaudio SM Pro RCM McIntosh MCD301 Sennheiser HD650 Sony TA-F707ES & ST-J75 SurgeX XR-315 VPI Capital Scout, 2x JMW9 Sig w/Lyra Kleos, Kontrapunkt-b, AT33R, AT150Ti & 2M Black WireWorld Eclipse Gold & Silver 7s & Nano-Eclipse Yamaha T-85, TX-1000
Old 02-08-2018, 08:46 PM
McKlipschead

For Rock music you could also take a look at the new Klipsch RF-7III speakers.
Main: McIntosh C500C/T, MC501(2), MCD500, MR85, Marantz SA11-S3, Magnum Dynalab MD-108, Klipsch La Scala II, JL Audio F-212, Wireworld Platinum Electra/Eclipse, Audioquest Kilimanjaro, Furutech, Billy Bags.

Man Cave: McIntosh C46, MC252, MR85, Marantz SA-11S3 and SA-KI-Pearl, Klipsch Cornwall III, JL Audio F-113, Denon DVD-1600, Mitsubishi 55", Wireworld Gold Electra/Eclipse, Audioquest Volcano, Furutech, Sanus.

Office: Marantz PM-11S3, SA-11S3, SA-15S2B, Magnum Dynalab DT-5, Klipsch Chorus II, Audioquest Sky/Volcano/NRG-Wild, Furutech, Sanus.

MBR: Luxman R-115, K-111, Denon DBP-2010CI, Klipsch Forte II, Sony 52" NX800, Audioquest Mont Blanc/Cheetah/NRG-10, PS Audio, Sanus.