AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 AM

Default Dynaudio Stand 4 with or without sand

Hi guys, are any of you using the stand 4 with your 1.4's or C 1's?If so are there any sonic benefits from this?Just curious cause I haven't filled mine yet.Also my stands only came with 2 bags is this normal,shouldn't there be 4,1 for each column.Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:14 AM

There's a whole thread on this at the Dyn owners forum in AVS, but I used both of those plastic bags in the front columns of my Stand 4s and used similar plastic bags (that I found in a closet) for the rears. People differ on what material to use -- I used play sand from Lowe's and filled the bags maybe 3/4 full.

I filled the plastic bags outside the house, ran the cables through the column holes first, then threaded the filled plastic bags into the columns, then turned everything right side up again.

If you are concerned about marring the finish on the bottom of the speakers when you screw the stands to them, you can use a gasket in between.

Good luck.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier
There's a whole thread on this at the Dyn owners forum in AVS, but I used both of those plastic bags in the front columns of my Stand 4s and used similar plastic bags (that I found in a closet) for the rears. People differ on what material to use -- I used play sand from Lowe's and filled the bags maybe 3/4 full.

I filled the plastic bags outside the house, ran the cables through the column holes first, then threaded the filled plastic bags into the columns, then turned everything right side up again.

If you are concerned about marring the finish on the bottom of the speakers when you screw the stands to them, you can use a gasket in between.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, I was also considering play sand as well.I wonder why Dynaudio only supply you with 2 bags though since there are 4 columns.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM

I believe the bag is for the column that the cable runs ins. The other column just fill.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM

Correct, because only one column has holes (for the cables) so Dyn says to pour the material directly into the second column. But if you are a little OCD about your gear ....
Old 08-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, I have since talked to my dealer and said he have some extra bags in the store that I could have if I wanted.I definitely prefer the bags oppose to poring the sand directly in the column,it will be less of a mess and easier to dispose of the sand when it's time for upgrade. : )