AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplexico View Post
I can concur with this statement. Though perhaps one day I will get DeVore 0/98's if they are released and perhaps one day the mighty 300B Ltd, I am satisfied and happy with what I have and feel no need to think about my next upgrade or how to better tune my system.

Though I do have an Auralic Aires on order to replace my Mac Mini for the digital side of the house, whether it is digital or analog, I am content, and now just play music to relax and enjoy, rather than sit listening to it to analyze my systems capabilities (or lack there of).

I am so happy to be off the "bus" and just be able to spin tunes and enjoy!

Barr
Barr, I am hoping to get this point starting with the Masseto when it arrives. While my system as is is fine (and thanks to that Mr. T from you!), some days I have great listening sessions, and the next day I want to throw everything out the window. No changes in between, its just how it works out sometime. To me, having the system provide "weight" to the music is what I'm looking for and I'm sure the Masseto will be a big step towards that.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLG View Post
First, back to the original post - who cares what I think or about what I chose to comment on. That said, point two. Two, shindo is, for me in one word, fluid. Three, I haven't had any interest in changing or upgrading in over a year. I thoroughly enjoy my Giscours and GM70's! Four, I simply enjoy listening to music. And with that in mind, I repeat point three. So, with that said, I'm just glad I'm off the roulette wheel of upgraditis! It's definitely cheaper right now!
I fully agree. I used to listen an be always looking to how I could improve my system.

Now I just sit back and enjoy. I haven't looked at Agon site in months. No need.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjazz View Post
Barr, I am hoping to get this point starting with the Masseto when it arrives. While my system as is is fine (and thanks to that Mr. T from you!), some days I have great listening sessions, and the next day I want to throw everything out the window. No changes in between, its just how it works out sometime. To me, having the system provide "weight" to the music is what I'm looking for and I'm sure the Masseto will be a big step towards that.
I think you will love the Masseto when you get it, I loved mine! It's a wonderful pre amp.

Oh, and BTW I do know what you mean about "bad" music days, though I have not had a lot of them lately, I always called them "bad electricity" days, as my belief is/was/might be that sometimes the power can be really bad resulting in a very unpleasant, dull, frustrating listening experience.

Barr

p.s. glad the Mr T found a happy home.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:05 AM
A happy little vegemite..

My view is horns + shindo = magic..

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach
Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
My view is horns + shindo = magic..
Couldn't agree more!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:55 PM

The day before yesterday I visted a friend's house (Victor) in Sydney.

His TW Acustic (Atlas) - SUT - Masseto - Cortese - Cessaro horn combo was superb. The Shindo is new. It was really the best I have heard his system. Traditionally the bass from all hi speakers has had lots of issues in a small townhouse. While not perfect, it was so much better with the Cortese - Cessaro combo. Amazing what the little Cortese power amp can do.

Incidentally I don't think any one cable is a "must" for Shindo. It depends on your system and room. Victor's Cessaro's have a hot tweeter (compression driver), and we both liked his Crsytal Cable Dreamline Plus over some High Fidelity cable or other he was demoing (around the same 9k price point) - one just suited his system better than the other. Both very nice, all did different things.

Berthold Auerbach

Last edited by AndyPandy; 06-13-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronan View Post
very funny guys, but I shall not be tempted into the TT realm.
Now that is a very sensible man right there....

Lovely room Paul, I bet it sounds wonderful - and you live well mate. Thank you for sharing.

What I enjoy about this hobby is that there is room for all, and sharing is half the fun. My friend Victor (and my friend Des above) have system's I can't afford, but both are only too wiling to share their knowledge and time, and where geographical restriction doesn't prohibit, their systems for others to enjoy. That is half the fun.

Anywho, as a non Shindo owner all I can say is I'm really glad Ken Shindo happened along in the audio world, just as I'm really happy Hiroyasu Kondo happened along, and Peter Walker and Tim de Paravacini and all the rest. It makes for a wonderful world so full of choice, and joy in our hobby.

Be kind to each other and let's share our fellowship, and respect and tolerate our differences.

Berthold Auerbach

Last edited by AndyPandy; 06-13-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:52 PM

Well put and observed Andy P--I have to admit Shindo is one of the Systems where "total

synergy" is a "fait accompli" and other aftermarket "hi end" Cables of such gross expense --seem to make

insignificant difference in the sonic presentation.

Experienced this myself with my 301 TT--having used my uber expensive Valhalla/ NBS/etc--

the Shindo silver Interconnect gazumped them all.

My consensus is in agreement that the Shindo interconnects are a must at least in the front end

components of the Brand.

Good listening,

Des