AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 11-26-2016, 07:17 PM

Default Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables

I am breaking in some new speaker cables, the Tellurium Q Silver Diamonds. I bought a 2.5 m set. Like a lot of cables and cords, the first day sounded disappointing. After 3 days of 24 hour use, I could tell they had a lot of potential.

Now after 3 weeks of regular use, they have surpassed my previous speaker cables --Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8's which were a a flat 3/4 " wide, 3/8 " thick continuous cast copper wire.

The Tellurium Q Silver Diamonds are a combo of silver and copper. They are nearly 2 " wide and little less than 1/2 " thick.

I think they are mostly broken in, but sometime later I might give them a day or two on the Audiodharma Cable Cooker.

So far I notice: increased clarity; better definition of individual instrument's tone; bass seems a bit cleaner; definitely better dynamics; and turning up the volume is now more involving. Haven't noticed any real downsides yet.

Will report more impressions later.
2 channel system: Parasound JC 1+ Mono Amplifiers; Luxman C900u preamp; Acoustech PH-1P phono preamp; VPI Classic, Ortofon A90; Esoteric K-03 & Vacuum State GMBH modified Sony ES5400 SACD/CD; REVEL Ultima Salon 2; Shunyata EVEREST, Shunyata Sigma V2 XC, Shunyata Sigma & Alpha, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse Series 7 IC's,Phono Cables are Tellurium Q Silver Diamond, Audience, Lessloss, Acrolink, Teresonic Silver EXP, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables; HyperSpike HS-5 rack;Stillpoints Ultra 5 V2 under amps & preamp
Old 11-26-2016, 09:37 PM

I noted a similar change as I put hours on my Acoustic Zen Satori cables.

Keep us up to date on your progress!
Old 12-02-2016, 01:15 AM

These Tellurium cables are made in England. The governing advertising bureau there will not allow cable manufacturers to make any claims without scientific proof. Thus this manufacturer says little about their makeup or what might be expected. One has to go on the reviews which have been very good. The shipping box does say: "Designed to combat phase distortion"

I can hear more differences between recordings regarding their engineering now. In other words the sound across the board is less homogenized.
2 channel system: Parasound JC 1+ Mono Amplifiers; Luxman C900u preamp; Acoustech PH-1P phono preamp; VPI Classic, Ortofon A90; Esoteric K-03 & Vacuum State GMBH modified Sony ES5400 SACD/CD; REVEL Ultima Salon 2; Shunyata EVEREST, Shunyata Sigma V2 XC, Shunyata Sigma & Alpha, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse Series 7 IC's,Phono Cables are Tellurium Q Silver Diamond, Audience, Lessloss, Acrolink, Teresonic Silver EXP, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables; HyperSpike HS-5 rack;Stillpoints Ultra 5 V2 under amps & preamp
Old 12-11-2016, 12:51 PM

Some reviews of the Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables:

Tone Audio
http://www.tonepublications.com/revi...peaker-cables/

Mono & Stereo
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/06...d-speaker.html
Old 12-11-2016, 03:25 PM

Keep us posted. I have TQ Intetconnects and power cords and like them very much.

I tried the speaker cable with my previous rig (Accuphase and B&W) and they did not play well.

Might give the speaker cable another try with my new rig.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 12-12-2016, 12:09 AM

I love the Tellurium Q Black series with the Devialet. I use the Black but the Ultra Black was sublime.

I like that Tellurium makes a very clear distinction of what they are trying to achieve with each range. And it makes perfect sense.

Silver for neutrality and detail. Black for a mix of detail and richness.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:19 PM

I think the Silver Diamonds are getting better with extended breakin, and I continue to be impressed with the amount of bass and midbass they produce in my system.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:20 PM

I'm auditioning the TQ Black Diamond speaker cables right now with my new set up. They sound quite good. Would love to get an update on your progress.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 01-03-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
I'm auditioning the TQ Black Diamond speaker cables right now with my new set up. They sound quite good. Would love to get an update on your progress.
The Tellurium Q Black Diamond speaker cables have received some very good reviews also.

Without using a cable cooker, I have found it took a long while to break in the Silver Diamond speaker cables. I don't know if the Black Diamond have similar break-in properties.

I will do a final assessment a little later, but I am pleased every day with the sound coming through these cables. There are times every listening session, where I have to sit up and listen because the sound is so much better than before.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
The Tellurium Q Black Diamond speaker cables have received some very good reviews also.

Without using a cable cooker, I have found it took a long while to break in the Silver Diamond speaker cables. I don't know if the Black Diamond have similar break-in properties.

I will do a final assessment a little later, but I am pleased every day with the sound coming through these cables. There are times every listening session, where I have to sit up and listen because the sound is so much better than before.
Don't you just love those " ah ha" moments?!