AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Boulder Electronics

Boulder Electronics Transparent, Accurate, Fast, Rugged, and Reliable

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2015, 07:42 AM
joey_v joey_v is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,853
Default 1060 vs 2060

Alright, looking to see some opinions.

2060 vs 1060..... just as an amp by themselves... say the price difference was approx 8K between the two.... would you go 2060 and pay the 17K? Or the 1060 and pay the 9K.

Age and condition similar.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Cohibaman's Avatar
Cohibaman Cohibaman is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Alright, looking to see some opinions. 2060 vs 1060..... just as an amp by themselves... say the price difference was approx 8K between the two.... would you go 2060 and pay the 17K? Or the 1060 and pay the 9K. Age and condition similar.
Both nice amps. What speakers are you planning to drive?

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7bjCPS88j6s[/ame]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2015, 03:11 PM
joey_v joey_v is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
Both nice amps. What speakers are you planning to drive?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7bjCPS88j6s
For this one, I am planning 802d3
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2016, 08:36 PM
FastEddy FastEddy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 18
Default

as good as the 1060 is, the 2060 is in a whole different league.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-03-2016, 05:56 AM
joey_v joey_v is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,853
Default

Eddy,

Have you heard both under similar conditions? I would like to hear more about why the 1060 is a level below the 2060
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-03-2016, 12:11 PM
FastEddy FastEddy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 18
Default

I have heard both several times. I bought the 2060 new about 5 years ago. You have to hear it to believe it. The difference is striking -- there is nothing subtle about it. With the 2060 your speakers will sound far better than you ever thought they could. The best analogy I can come up is like listening to a highly compressed recording and then hearing the same recording with no compression at all. A 2060 for $17K is IMO a no brainer if you can afford it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-03-2016, 01:30 PM
joey_v joey_v is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,853
Default

Thoughts on 2060 vs something newer like the Momentum stereo?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-03-2016, 01:31 PM
joey_v joey_v is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
I have heard both several times. I bought the 2060 new about 5 years ago. You have to hear it to believe it. The difference is striking -- there is nothing subtle about it. With the 2060 your speakers will sound far better than you ever thought they could. The best analogy I can come up is like listening to a highly compressed recording and then hearing the same recording with no compression at all. A 2060 for $17K is IMO a no brainer if you can afford it.
Wait so you're saying the analogy is that the 1060 sounds like compressed music whereas the 2060 does not?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2016, 11:49 AM
miner's Avatar
miner miner is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,045
Default

Joey
Enjoy your 2060 and wear a back brace.

How do you get your wife to approve such a purchase? I need to know the facts.
__________________
"IT IS WHAT IT IS, AND AIN'T WHAT IT SHOULD BE"
MY B-I-L MARK IVEY - RIP
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2016, 09:38 AM
joey_v joey_v is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
Joey
Enjoy your 2060 and wear a back brace.

How do you get your wife to approve such a purchase? I need to know the facts.
It's almost here my friend
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2018 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Fortress
Fortress
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase