AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 05-08-2013, 06:25 PM

In what way do they sound better?

One week is approx 150 hours on the cords.
Do you think that is the issue here?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
A quick update on my Python to Anaconda switch. A week into the ball game, The Pythons sounded MUCH better. The only thing that changed was the 3 Pythons. One into the Furutech and one each into the Spectral monoblocks. UGGH
I'd suggest learning from those who've trudged this road before and posted about it extensively on this very thread.

Additionally, the wisest thing to do is email or call Grant at Shunyata. IMHO, someone in your position should burn the cords in properly, troubleshoot your system with Shunyata or be happy that you like the cheaper cords. You won't find much support here for the idea that the Anaconda's don't measure up to the Pythons....it just doesn't jibe with the experience of those who've used both cords. If you're worried about a refund, I guarantee Grant will make that happen.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 AM

It is worth mentioning that there are other brands of cable that perform exceptionally well with the current Shunyata Hydra boxes. There is no unwritten rule that you must settle for Zitron cables for use with these passive conditioners.. True
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 AM

I would totally agree that the Furutech is the issue if I hadn't had great results with it using the Pythons. Spectral requires a star grounded power strip with NO filtration. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM

Just give it time and as suggested give them some space to burn in... would be useful to get what the kinds of difference are that you are experiencing Jim, for me maybe if we talked in terms of quality of light the two appear very similarly illuminating but the Z Anaconda shines a bit more brilliantly perhaps... describing differences in two things that share so much nature is hard (the words arent always as illuminating themselves) but if there is a slight colour shift then the whiteness of the Z Pythons might be slightly of the blue kind but this is rather more the way some stars appear to vary ever so slightly in colour or magnitude.

Because as Tima explains the signature of the two is essentially linear and that the difference when used for a source cable isnt so much likely to be a very marked one but going to a Z Anaconda from wall to conditioner is a different scenario tho.

Maybe you are being sensitive to coherency which is one of the strengths that really comes through after they are fully run in with Zitron and that it might be a combination of settling in and the Z Ana's last level of illumination might also have uncovered or highlighting something else... that is always a potential in an upgrade of more revealing gear. I've just changed out some Stillpoint SS and now put some Ultra 5s in and am finding things that need to be handled within the context of the system.

I posted originally to say for a range of reasons to do with how good this current Zitron generation was proving that settling in while clearly more noticeable than with other cables wasn't ultimately an issue cause it works out fine and they'll ultimately be at their best in the end. I'm sorry if I never got that across properly (on reflection too much colour, not enough transparency I figure) because that ultimately is the whole point of this thread and there is such exciting potential in the Z generation because what they promise to deliver comes through in my experience.

I figure we are here because we like what we hear with Shunyata and possibly believe in the ability of the designer and trust in his musical values. I have found every move forward or upward to be exactly that with his designs.

Either way if after a couple more weeks you are still missing the Pythons then I'd have thought there are plenty of guys out there wanting to go the other way so don't think that you'll lose out in the big picture... just that I'd suggest you don't bail out early till you're completely sure thats all.

Graham

Last edited by audiot servant; 05-10-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 PM

Has anyone noticed on early burn in (less than 20 hours) that their system with mew Zitron power cables sounded good ( i.e., harmonic) at lower volumes (65-70 dB) while still
sounding rough at higher volumes (80-90 dB)? If so, do things get progressively smoother at higher and higher volumes as burn in continues?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM

Ariess, 20h is really a short burn-in time. Just relax, things will shift around a bit in the first 100 hours. And it will open up don't worry.

May I ask what you got?

Last edited by Crion; 06-02-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:32 PM

Breaking in Cobra Zitrons and Talos with a Python on deck
Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 PM

tima, Thank you very much for your well thought out response. I had a Zitron Python floating around and replaced the Anaconda going into the Furutech and is sounded much better instantly. I'm certain in 99% of applications, the Anaconda is a better sounding cord. Spectral gear is extremely sensitive concerning cables. I believe, but I am not 100% certain that the Anacondas have more "filtration" than the Pythons which may be causing the issue. The system sounds congested and "choked". Far different than with the Pythons. Back to Pythons for me. The system never sounded better. Hats off to Grant at Shunyata. He was incredibly helpful with sorting out any questions and issues I've had.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
tima, Thank you very much for your well thought out response. I had a Zitron Python floating around and replaced the Anaconda going into the Furutech and is sounded much better instantly. I'm certain in 99% of applications, the Anaconda is a better sounding cord. Spectral gear is extremely sensitive concerning cables. I believe, but I am not 100% certain that the Anacondas have more "filtration" than the Pythons which may be causing the issue. The system sounds congested and "choked". Far different than with the Pythons. Back to Pythons for me. The system never sounded better. Hats off to Grant at Shunyata. He was incredibly helpful with sorting out any questions and issues I've had.
Glad to hear you got things sorted. I think Shunyata's service after the sale and willingness to help anyone using their products sets a standard very few companies can beat.