AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 06-04-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepegonzales View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies and warm welcome. :-) After doing additional research and reading other threads here in AA, I have decided to go with the best Transparents that I can afford, and then upgrade down the road as Marc suggested.
Nice...be careful if you ever demo TA Ref XL's...it will ruin your day! They are mind boggling good with Sasha's and ARC Ref75, I can tell you that much. One day I will buy them...
Old 06-04-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Nice...be careful if you ever demo TA Ref XL's...it will ruin your day! They are mind boggling good with Sasha's and ARC Ref75, I can tell you that much. One day I will buy them...
I hear you Marc. As you know, I demo'd ref XL speaker cables in my system last summer. I bought 2 pairs balanced ref XL interconnects but decided to pick up the speaker cables down the road. Now, a year later, I'm still running with Ultra speaker cables. System sounds amazingly good but I still can't shake the aural memory of how darn good those speaker cables are. I have to remain on the sidelines as we are looking at new homes.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 06-05-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepegonzales View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies and warm welcome. :-) After doing additional research and reading other threads here in AA, I have decided to go with the best Transparents that I can afford, and then upgrade down the road as Marc suggested.
I use the Transparent Super MM2 and am very happy with it. I believe there are diminishing returns with cable and would rather spend the saving on better equipment - or a new car
Old 06-05-2014, 10:26 AM

Default sasha 2 incomming

The sasha 2 that i heard were quite new 100 hrs i think, and were driven first by dagostion stereo amp with transparent cabling(montreal show 2014)and second time also with transparent cabling but with luxman amp
all was to thin sounding and the singer was more 2d than 3d sounding

the best that i heard the sasha 1 was at coup de foudre audio, driven with complete spectral 30ss,260 amp and lafontaine audio source and mit spectral cabling

The best that i heard sasha were always driven with mit, more organic, more 3d, and moegoosebump

by the i love them both and will surly buy the serie 2 to replace my belove apogee
Old 06-06-2014, 10:58 PM

As an Apogee owner myself I'd recommend listening to Vivid Audio speakers as well, along with the Alexia.

I haven't yet heard the Sasha 2 to determine whether they've finally gotten that last 5% I felt the Sasha was missing that the Alexia has.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:54 AM

Default sasha 2 incomming

I did on thursday , went on to listen again to alexia, wow the choice will be hard choosing between sasha 2 and alexia, by the i do like what mit do but it will be an all wireworld system since all my power cord are silver electra and i am waiting for my platinum interconnect this week
Old 06-14-2014, 08:15 AM

Hallo,

any test from Sasha 2 and Devialet?

Opinion?

the Devialet "SAM" system wil be soon too for tha Sasha2 delivered?

thank you
greets
Old 06-22-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
Hallo,

any test from Sasha 2 and Devialet?

Opinion?

the Devialet "SAM" system wil be soon too for tha Sasha2 delivered?

thank you
greets
I should be able to let you know in a few weeks. My new Sasha 2s should be delivered very soon. I run a Devialet 800 in my system.

Guillaume
Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillaumeB View Post
I should be able to let you know in a few weeks. My new Sasha 2s should be delivered very soon. I run a Devialet 800 in my system.

Guillaume
Hallo Guillaume,
Thank you for reply.

I go have my Sasha2 in ca 10 days too. At today I have a system Passlabs: Xp20 with Xa100.5.

The Devialet can be very very interesting. For the Devialt Helpline the 400 is more as enough. Soon come the SAM for the Sasha2 too!!!

Purchase a Devialet 400 (strange but true) it's less expensive than replacing the 100.5 with the 100.8!!

Please give me your news.

Best rgds
Old 06-23-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
Hallo Guillaume,
Thank you for reply.

I go have my Sasha2 in ca 10 days too. At today I have a system Passlabs: Xp20 with Xa100.5.

The Devialet can be very very interesting. For the Devialt Helpline the 400 is more as enough. Soon come the SAM for the Sasha2 too!!!

Purchase a Devialet 400 (strange but true) it's less expensive than replacing the 100.5 with the 100.8!!

Please give me your news.

Best rgds
Hi

Did you hear that SAM for the Sasha 2 was coming soon?

Guillaume