AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Paradigm

Paradigm All about the Sound

Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
I purchased Paradigm's back in the summer of 2002. At the time I bought a pair of Studio 100v2's, CCv2, ADPv2's and a Servo 15a. Great speakers. In the fall of 2003 I purchased a pair of Studio 60v2's for the rears and a few months later a 2nd Servo 15a. About 4 years ago I purchased a Signature Sub 25 for my LFE channel. These speakers gave me many many years of enjoyment.

I had intended to move to an all Signature setup replacing all of the Studios two years ago but my dealer had become a B&W dealer at that time and I preferred the B&W sound over the Signatures. With the unfortunate continual price increases of the Paradigm speakers over the years they lost their competitive price advantage which was unfortunate and what would have been a huge price difference a few years earlier compared to B&W closed to basically an insignificant difference.

So over the past two years I have been slowly replacing my Paradigm's with B&W speakers. First it was the CC, replaced by a HTM2 Diamond. A couple months later the the 60's were boxed up and the 100's went to rear surround duty as they were replaced by 802 Diamonds up front. My system then underwent a downsizing from 7.1 to 5.1. At that point the ADP's got boxed up. Most recently, just two weeks ago the 100's got boxed up as I await another pair of B&W's. Boxing the 100's was a bit sad I must admit, they served me well for over a decade and I prefer those old big, bad boys to the current 100's today. There's just something about the sound of that larger cabinet with the larger drivers over the current versions that I prefer.
This sums up Paradigm for me very well.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 AM

Default Anthem/Paradigm

Hi Guys, I have paradigm reference signature S8 V2 for my mains C5 for centre 2 ADP for surrounds and S4v1 for rears and a Sub25 all processed by a D2 and amplified by an Anthem P5 for front speakers and A5 for surrounds. I was trying to hook up tactile transducers with the extra channels but to date have not had much success with them. Source is Oppo 103 and BEV HD satellite receiver. I have loved the Paradigms from the day I purchased them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a serious HT system.
Mike
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 PM

mikec Welcome to Audioaficionado I wish that I could help with your question but someone will if they can.Again welcome.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 PM

I have the Reference Signature S8v3 for the fronts with a C5v3 for centre, a pair of ADP3's for surrounds and S4v2 for rears and a Sub25. I also use a D2 for the processor and a P5 for front channels biamped to the S8's and an A5 for rear channels. I have no complaints other than a defective speaker in one of the ADP3's which was promptly corrected by the dealer it was purchased from. I have this setup for about 3 years along with a Pioneer Kuro Elite 60" plasma.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM

I have Anthem/Paradigm gear in my home theater system.

(See my signature for the details.)
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

I have paradigm mini monitors in my office rig. I used to have some studio 100's v5. They were awesome.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 PM

I used to refer to Paradigm as the Dual tt of speakers.One got more than they paid for. Not sure if I was right and that probably applies to other speaker manufacturers as well.

Last edited by Chubba; 05-20-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-23-2013, 12:40 PM

The Hifi company I work for, is for both Paradigm and Anthem the distributor in the Netherlands. In the store(we got 18 stores)I work at, in our surround set-up, we use Paradigm and Anthem. The Anthem MRX-700 powers the Studio 60, 10 and CC-490. The sub we use is the UltraCube 10. And it sounds great! Very clear and powerfull soundstage.

The setup isn't perfectly placed, but it gets the job done.

Last edited by Ch1mera1989; 05-27-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 PM

Paradigm Studio Reference 20 V2 and a pair of V3's with J -stands here.
I also use an Anthem Pre1 tube pre-amp on occasion.

The Paradigms have a pretty big sound for a bookshelf speaker. Not quite a refined as my primary Bookshelf speakers ( Sonus Faber Minuetto, - and Celestion SL600si) but damn good across a broad range of music genres and don't require nearly as much amplification as the SL600si nor are the cabinets and drivers as fragile.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:20 PM

I've been a Paradigm owner since 1985. Currently have v2 Signature S4s and C3. Sub duties are handled by a Reference Sub 12 and the surrounds are Atoms.