AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Shooting Sports

Shooting Sports Guns & Ammo

Old 02-29-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
One of my shooting buddies shoots a 725.... I'll have to trade guns with him one time to see how it compares to my Cynergy.
I'll use three words ………..'Night and Day'
Old 02-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
I'll use three words ………..'Night and Day'
Could not agree more. While I've not shot a 725, the triggers on my 425 are far superior to those on the Cynergy I owned, which I sold because they were so bad. Browning would not work on them, other than to say 'that is the way they are supposed to be' and I was unable find a shotgun-smith who would touch them. Think the Cynergy was a solution looking for a problem. If you've got one that works well, then you are luckier then I was. Mine was terrible once they were broken-in. One barrel would fire and the other would not and you never knew which one and being intermittent, I never knew when.

Dave - are the triggers on your Blaser inertial or mechanical?
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-29-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Could not agree more. While I've not shot a 725
As Glenn knows I've owned both a Cynergy and up until acquiring my Blaser a 725. The 725's trigger was a godsend in comparison to the Cynergy, it was that bad.

Quote:
Dave - are the triggers on your Blaser inertial or mechanical?
yes they are Glenn and a superb trigger assembly it is !

You know on the subject of Caesar Guerini, have you looked at the Invictus model ? Mine is a 12 ga, balance and fit is excellent for me, combined with rebuildable action components (trunion assembly) it should last forever
Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 PM
Retired

Unfortunately, the Invictus is only available in 12ga and I only shoot a 20ga. I'm considering the 725 based on your feedback. But, John Miller still has a number of the built in 2015 425s with the newest barrels (back bored & long forcing cones), so I might just play it safe and spring for one them. I do like the feel of my 425 and having a new one with the latest barrel configuration would be nice. But, no hurry. BPCR has begun, so I've got until the end of October to decide.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 03-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Retired

Dave - ever heard of the Deep River club in Sanford, NC? They hold something called the "Southern SxS". I'm thinking I need to get another SxS so may be headed down for the big show & BBQ, even if I don't get an opportunity to shoot. My understanding is that it is biggest gig in the country that is SxS oriented and there will be many dealers and individuals with guns for sale (LCSmith, Parker, Ithaca, Fox and imports).
deepriver
Old 03-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Interesting Glenn, while I don't own a SxS I've shot a friends a couple years back and while I thought it was 'novel' I've never really got that excited about buying one.

On the other hand a Sporting Clays road trip, shooting different clubs along the way is something I want to do.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Retired

This would have to be a 'quick trip' for me this year. There and back. However, when the cold weather returns (Nov) I'd be up for some sort of swing to several clubs down that way.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:33 PM

OK boys and girls......... put your 'man pants' on and come out and shoot clays tomorrow....... 40-50 mph wind gusts predicted ! those birds will be a dancin' !

shooting Atglen tomorrow ..........
Old 04-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
OK boys and girls......... put your 'man pants' on and come out and shoot clays tomorrow....... 40-50 mph wind gusts predicted ! those birds will be a dancin' ! shooting Atglen tomorrow ..........
not sure my shooting would notice! . Good luck.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 04-02-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
not sure my shooting would notice! . Good luck.
Craig, let's plan a 'spring fling' , perhaps M&E, it's course between the two of us (just north of Reading) or perhaps a weekday again @ Lehigh so I can invite myself over to your place for a 'listen' !