AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 01-24-2023, 06:42 PM

It sounds like you’ve exhausted your trouble shooting options.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:20 PM

Fired up my KT88 Firebottle for a few nights now that the newness of my other amp has worn off lol. Used a new tube combo of GE 6bg6ga outputs and a Miniwatt branded b36 input tube. I think the tube was actually made by Fivre in Italy. In any case I’m super happy I got the 12 adapter for the input tube. There’s no way I would pay what b65 tubes go for. The b65 was the MOV equivalent of the 6sn7 and the b36 is a 12sn7.

The GE tubes remain one of my favorite bang for the buck outputs. Super cheap even when you include the adapters.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cporada View Post
Thanks for the info, cgn-dt-n!
Does the Vortex come in a version for the US? All of the websites I can find show the European power plug.

So, the problem is not the GroundMaster. If i remove that, the hum is actually a bit louder.

Also, the hum occurs if I disconnect all sources from the LP-2 and simply attach the LP-2 to my Decware Torii and turn the two units on; with just the Decware, there is silence.

I can only conclude that the hum is coming from the LP-2, but I have no idea why, as it didn't hum until a few days ago
Hi cporada,

too bad would have been a possibility, but your problem really seems to come from the pre amplifier.

whether the Vortex is also available in a US version I can not tell you, right away I did not find anything on the Internet.
on the homepage only the distribution for Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg and Austria is indicated.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:36 PM

Yes; the only option left is a problem with the LP-2...
There don't seem to be any tube amp repair shops in my area, so hopefully Analog Addict will come to my aid soon so i can get this resolved; he's my only hope :-)
Old 01-27-2023, 01:34 AM

Hi Analog Addict and all,

I came to audioaficionado.org out of curiosity for the Dennis Had Inspire amps and, after reading over 700 pages, I think the "Kleen-Sweep" might be a perfect amp for what I'm looking for. Would love this groups thoughts.

I have a pair of Omega Super 7 Monitor MK2 speakers on order for my desktop setup with the source being a NAD C 700 "just add speakers" integrated. If I added the Kleen-Sweep I would use the NAD as a pre-amp and then drive the Omegas with the Inspire.

How does the Kleen-Sweep do with low volume? For my desktop setup, I keep the volume low (around 55-65db) to not bother the rest of the household. I know the Kleen-Sweep and the tube sound would be much better than the class D NAD sound - but will I be able to benefit from that at such low volumes. I'm also curious about the size of the Kleen-Sweep chassis size (I'm really loving the how small it appears to be).

I do have a second system in my office that I use for after-hours listening, mostly with headphones, where I use an ampsandsound Kenzie Ovation v2 and ZMF Atrium and ZMF Eikon headphones. So my desktop system is really just for quiet listening during the day.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:45 AM

What is the efficiency of your Omega speakers? The Kleen Sweep is in my mind, the best value out there for the money. It will sound great at any volume that the amp is capable of, given your system limitations.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cporada View Post
Yes; the only option left is a problem with the LP-2...
There don't seem to be any tube amp repair shops in my area, so hopefully Analog Addict will come to my aid soon so i can get this resolved; he's my only hope :-)
Check your email
Old 01-27-2023, 05:47 PM

The Omega Super 7 Monitor MK2 are listed at 94.5 dB at 8 ohms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Addict View Post
What is the efficiency of your Omega speakers? The Kleen Sweep is in my mind, the best value out there for the money. It will sound great at any volume that the amp is capable of, given your system limitations.
Old 01-27-2023, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
Hi Analog Addict and all,

I came to audioaficionado.org out of curiosity for the Dennis Had Inspire amps and, after reading over 700 pages, I think the "Kleen-Sweep" might be a perfect amp for what I'm looking for. Would love this groups thoughts.

I have a pair of Omega Super 7 Monitor MK2 speakers on order for my desktop setup with the source being a NAD C 700 "just add speakers" integrated. If I added the Kleen-Sweep I would use the NAD as a pre-amp and then drive the Omegas with the Inspire.

How does the Kleen-Sweep do with low volume? For my desktop setup, I keep the volume low (around 55-65db) to not bother the rest of the household. I know the Kleen-Sweep and the tube sound would be much better than the class D NAD sound - but will I be able to benefit from that at such low volumes. I'm also curious about the size of the Kleen-Sweep chassis size (I'm really loving the how small it appears to be).

I do have a second system in my office that I use for after-hours listening, mostly with headphones, where I use an ampsandsound Kenzie Ovation v2 and ZMF Atrium and ZMF Eikon headphones. So my desktop system is really just for quiet listening during the day.

Thanks in advance.
The Kleen Sweep has plenty of power for quiet listening on any Omega speakers. My speakers are a good 3db less efficient and have no trouble with quiet music with less power than the amp you're looking at.

Last edited by Isaacc7; 01-27-2023 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:10 PM

Awesome, thank you Isaacc7, this is the answer I was hoping for.