AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 07-29-2013, 11:51 PM

Damn JT , I thought Ivan moved in with all that McIntosh stuff .....
Old 07-30-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
We live together. She is my only living family member, so it's just us and the cats. The HiFi is my 'baby.' Since we are both adults who happen to be best friends it just works for us. Lots of people don't quite get it.

I'm proud of my mum though. She knows how to operate the entire system and definitely knows when to ask for my help. She's more of a digital listener while I'm an LP junkie.
You're very lucky to be able to share that great system with your mom.

You need to transfer your LPs to digital, so mom has more listening options.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:

We live together. She is my only living family member, so it's just us and the cats. The HiFi is my 'baby.' Since we are both adults who happen to be best friends it just works for us. Lots of people don't quite get it.

I'm proud of my mum though. She knows how to operate the entire system and definitely knows when to ask for my help. She's more of a digital listener while I'm an LP junkie.
I know how much you love audio. That's obvious, right? And I'm ultra impressed with your commitment thereto. However, what's more of a statement to your character - to me - is your relationship with your "mum". You're my new hero!!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post

I know how much you love audio. That's obvious, right? And I'm ultra impressed with your commitment thereto. However, what's more of a statement to your character - to me - is your relationship with your "mum". You're my new hero!!
Big thanks Saint! From 09 to sept 5 2012 I took care of my mums mum (my granny.) Grams was married for fifty four years and on valentines day while in the hospital with a broken back she found out her 76 year old husband ran off with a 36 year old OxyContin snorting hooker. Granny had nobody to take care of her farm except for my mother an I so that's what we did. I pledged to my Grams she could stay in her own home till the end, and that she did. Mum and I moved into the house next door on the farm and took care of her 24/7 because damnit that woman deserved it. She had a few hospital stays near the end and those were tough, between mum and I one of us would be with Grams at the hospital so he was never alone and the other would be taking care of the farm.

I am glad I am close with my mum because since she's literally as alone in the world as I am I know someday down the road she may new help. I'm going to make sure I'm there.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 AM

image-3157595016.jpg

Made a big time stereo score yesterday!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Big thanks Saint! From 09 to sept 5 2012 I took care of my mums mum (my granny.) Grams was married for fifty four years and on valentines day while in the hospital with a broken back she found out her 76 year old husband ran off with a 36 year old OxyContin snorting hooker. Granny had nobody to take care of her farm except for my mothers a an I so that's what we did. I pledged to my Grams she could stay in her own home till the end, and that she did. Mum and I moved into the house next door on the farm and took care of her 24/7 because damnit that woman deserved it. She had a few hospital stays near the end and those were tough, between mum and I one of us would be with Grams at the hospital so he was never alone and the other would be taking care of the farm.

I am glad I am close with my mum because since she's literally as alone in the world as I am I know someday down the road she may new help. I'm going to make sure I'm there.
You're a man after my own heart. I moved my mom into my home, and converted my dining room into a bedroom for her to stay in. Since she could no longer negotiate stairs, we thought that set up would work best. She spent her last four months with me and my family. Few people accept that kinda responsibility. Kudos to you.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 PM

You're a good soul as well Saint! On behalf of someone who knows the challenge, thank you for helping her when she needed it.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
You're a good soul as well Saint! On behalf of someone who knows the challenge, thank you for helping her when she needed it.
Thank you. I wouldn't have it any other way .
Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Big thanks Saint! From 09 to sept 5 2012 I took care of my mums mum (my granny.) Grams was married for fifty four years and on valentines day while in the hospital with a broken back she found out her 76 year old husband ran off with a 36 year old OxyContin snorting hooker. Granny had nobody to take care of her farm except for my mother an I so that's what we did. I pledged to my Grams she could stay in her own home till the end, and that she did. Mum and I moved into the house next door on the farm and took care of her 24/7 because damnit that woman deserved it. She had a few hospital stays near the end and those were tough, between mum and I one of us would be with Grams at the hospital so he was never alone and the other would be taking care of the farm.

First, congrats on the speakers!!! The XLF's and a pair of Thor's are on my now super short list.....

Second, KUDOS to you for your dedication to family!!!! I know what is like to live with and take care of a granny (until the strokes began and it was assisted living/Nursing/Hospice time)....I am now staying with my parents as my dad was diagnosed with ALS about 1.5 years ago. Very soon my dad's company will get going and I will have the $$$$$ for a new super system...

Cheers,
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 PM

JT, you have a wonderful system and I love what you have said about your mum. I know exactly what you mean. My dad was not a good person so from very early on it was just mum and I.
I spent the last 8 years of her life taking care of her as she battled a terminal illness ( she was initially given about a year to live, bless her she hung on for another 7.

It was hard work I will say but if I were faced with the situation again in a heartbeat I would do it again, like you, she was my best friend and it was an honour to give back an ounce of care for the tons she gave me growing up.

May you both enjoy beautiful music on that system for many years to come. People like you make me want to wake up every morning and get on with the day, good on you sir.