AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 07-22-2020, 04:48 AM

Default What Causes Mutation?

Cleeds asked a question that is so important to answer. "Charles, here's a question: Do you think damaged telomeres, which are at the end of the DNA (maybe also RNA?) strain, could allow the strain to unravel and result in DNA mutation???

Cleeds and to anyone interested.
Mutation is caused by the lack of an active process to 100% of the time present the correct base to the newly forming daughter strand of DNA when the cell is replicating. There are four bases sometimes called nucleotides: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), thymine (T). When the cell replicates there is a one in four chance (because there are four bases) that the enzyme known as DNA polymerase will be supplied the correct base to make the complementary bond. A bonds to T, G bonds to C. The human cell employs the second law of thermodynamics in the form of diffusion, i.e. random chance, as the mechanism that drives DNA replication. Diffusion is passive and extremely inefficient.

It is difficult to comprehend that such a simple "thing" could kill us but it does. Bacteria thrive on mutation. We do not. Carcinogens also cause/exacerbate mutation. Anything that interferes with this critical complementary bonding exacerbates an already faulty process. This is what all my work is about. Since DNA is a digital molecule and the DNA Code is a Boolean Code, a simple 2-bit DNA Decoder could easily eliminate all mutation.

See pdf below.

Attachment 62419

Here is how this simple decoder works: JK are the inputs either 0 or 1. Remember, we simplified all those difficult 6-variable Boolean minterm sums (1,500 minterm sums in order to get the gravy, the goody so to speak) and created our optimum digital network to obtain our optimum bit assignment which turned out to A=00, G=01, C=10 and U/T=11. U and T are basically the same molecule and may be thought of as identical for the purposes of this discussion. Thymine is used in DNA. Uracil in RNA.

So for an example pick for inputs JK, which are the inputs of our decoder, the binary code 10. So J=1, K=0. 10 equals C or cytosine because we have previously assigned the bits 10 to the molecule cytosine. So during replication when C sets on the input of the decoder, the decoder sees 10 and opens the M2 gate of the network. When this gate goes positive (opens) it reaches out into the cytoplasm and grabs the base guanine, which is the base the DNA polymerase requires for the correct bond. Thus, the inherently faulty passive process of diffusion is eliminated from the replication process and is replaced by the 100% accurate active process known as a digital DNA decoder.

Yes folks, it's that simple. It is the application of extremely simple digital logic to the incredibly important process of human cell division.

Last edited by Charles; 07-22-2020 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:50 AM

I hope that you understand that medical science and science in general is in a box. It is a strong box. It's an incredibly strong rabbit hole. If you think your genome is the product of random chance, then there by definition is nothing defective going on. All your mutations are incredibly necessary because they are how you arrived on the scene. Thus there's nothing broken, malfunctioning, or defective. And aging is also a natural process caused by a natural process that turned off our telomerase gene.

But I have arrived at a very different conclusion. It's all about interpretation of data. The biochemistry I am interested in may seem esoteric and unrelated to your cancer or heart disease or genetic disease. But I believe your medical care and my family's medical care are being severely affected in an adverse way by the stubbornness/blindness of a mistaken, prideful, and stupid science that has as its absolute bedrock: We are products of random chance, hence mutation is not a disease.

It's really strange to me that what science says is not a disease, i.e. mutation, causes many of our diseases. Because make no mistake about it, most if not all disease can be traced directly back to your genome.

Last edited by Charles; 07-22-2020 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:57 AM

Charles, thanks for answering my question about telomeres. Much of this topic is over my head, and I know just barely enough about it to ask questions.

However, I do know more than enough to agree completely with you about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
... I believe your medical care and my family's medical care are being severely affected in an adverse way by the stubbornness/blindness of a mistaken, prideful, and stupid science that has as its absolute bedrock: We are products of random chance, hence mutation is not a disease

It's really strange to me that what science says is not a disease, i.e. mutation, causes many of our diseases. Because make no mistake about it, most if not all disease can be traced directly back to your genome.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:02 PM

Cleeds hang in there with me. Sometimes something, because it is so simple, can be difficult to understand. You say,"Is that all there is to it? I die because of a one in four chance??" Yep. The human cell is flooded with these molecules A, G, C, T/U. It took me many years (about 40 years) for me to understand this amazing fact. The cell has to be because cell division is driven by random chance. There is no active process that supplies the correct base to the DNA polymerase for the correct bond. For replication to be 100% correct 6 billion correct bonds must be made and the enzyme can't do it. For every cell division there will be under the best of circumstances, one mutation, i.e. one mistake or error. Since you need 80 trillion cells per year, your body accumulates 80 trillion mutations at absolute minimum, per year. By the age of 80 your body has accumulated probably 20 quadrillion mutations. So yes, random chance causes mutation, and mutation is what kills you. You absolutely are killed by random chance, the luck of the draw, the hand you are dealt.

That's why taking care of yourself is so vitally important. Doing so improves your odds of avoiding the serious consequences of mutation (cancer for example) tremendously. Folks it's diet and exercise and self control. See your doctor regularly. Have a full battery of labs. Understand your labs. Be sure your blood pressure and blood sugar, cholesterol and lipids are are excellent. Your body fat shouldn't be over 6-7%.

p.s You won't find any of this in a biochem book. Instead, they tout the amazing accuracy of DNA replication. There's nothing accurate about it. The accuracy/fidelity of DNA Replication is totally inadequate to supply the needs of the human body with healthy non mutated cells.

Just received another large batch of pics for my "Science Project".

Last edited by Charles; 07-22-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:20 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Cleeds hang in there with me. Sometimes something, because it is so simple, can be difficult to understand. You say,"Is that all there is to it? I die because of a one in four chance??" Yep. The human cell is flooded with these molecules A, G, C, T/U. It took me many years (about 40 years) for me to understand this amazing fact. The cell has to be because cell division is driven by random chance. There is no active process that supplies the correct base to the DNA polymerase for the correct bond. For replication to be 100% correct 6 billion correct bonds must be made and the enzyme can't do it. For every cell division there will be under the best of circumstances, one mutation, i.e. one mistake or error. Since you need 80 trillion cells per year, your body accumulates 80 trillion mutations at absolute minimum, per year. By the age of 80 your body has accumulated probably 20 quadrillion mutations. So yes, random chance causes mutation, and mutation is what kills you. You absolutely are killed by random chance, the luck of the draw, the hand you are dealt.

That's why taking care of yourself is so vitally important. Doing so improves your odds of avoiding the serious consequences of mutation (cancer for example) tremendously. Folks it's diet and exercise and self control. See your doctor regularly. Have a full battery of labs. Understand your labs. Be sure you blood pressure and blood sugar, cholesterol and lipids are are excellent. Your body fat shouldn't be over 6-7%.
And this is the real reason we must get our Audio Dream System as soon as possible.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 07-23-2020, 12:16 AM

Charles,

You said, "Sometimes something, because it is so simple, can be difficult to understand."

I'm a musician, a go player and a chef. Those words are among the truest words ever written.

In food, simple is simple, but tricky. Take French bread. Flour, water, yeast and salt. That's it. How many times have you had French bread that took your head off it was so good?

In music, if there are two or more people playing, everybody better know where the "1" is or there will be serious problems. Time and tempo is simple but tricky.

Go. The oldest game known to man still played in its original form. Simple, but when considering strategy, it is several orders of magnitude more complicated than chess.

Simple is simple. But tricky.

Thank you for your posts,

- Bob

Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, highy modified MDHT Orchid Dac, Cambridge Audio CD transport, iMac, Core Power 1800, Shunyata and Nordost cables
Old 07-23-2020, 05:38 AM

I appreciate everyone's comments so much. This all about health. How to stay healthy. If you can't hear, it greatly affects your enjoyment of music. Plus there's a great psychological benefit to being in really good shape. This week I will treadmill 48 miles. Many weeks I will put in 55-60 miles.

The cell must be chock full of what is known as random walker tRNA's and the enzyme eftu for accurate protein synthesis to occur. Why? Because the process of Translation critically depends on random chance. There is no active process that supplies the codon with the correct anticodon. Thus imbalances in these vital molecules can cause critical mistakes in your proteins. You want excellent mutation free cell division and excellent accurate protein synthesis. Exercise, self control, excellent balanced diet help ensure that your cells are operating at peak efficiency.

In the past I have read an enormous amount of science fiction. I never miss "How the Universe Works". I love the concept of "the super hero". I watch this Japanese show that stars "Almite" "My Hero Acedemia" every Sunday night with my son for about two hours.

Add active processes for cell division and protein synthesis (my digital networks for example), and a full assortment of genes that already exist in nature to our genome and disease goes away. Our bodies become "green" and pollution goes away. We are the chief polluters. Turn telomerase on and aging goes away. It begins one cell at a time. Eighty trillion immortal cells equals and immortal person. We have within us right now the ability to be a "super hero". Yet our race and our science has diluted themselves trying to prove or attain to I don't know what. What's the point of going to Mars or contacting ET, if you are a sick bag of meat that dies in 80 years?????? I think that about sums it up.

I have a tremendous respect for Ivan, AA, and the folks on AA. But I wish Elon Musk could read my posts. He's the greatest engineer in the world; the greatest intelligence. Yet he is so miss directed; miss guided. He is spending his energies building rocket ships when he should be spending them re-building our genome.

I'd say to him, "Elon, my friend, you'll be dead in another 40 years. You have the intelligence to do something about it but you need to first break out of the rabbit hole."

I'd say to him, "Elon, our race once was 100% digital. Your are a broken digital biological machine that is operating at about 1% capacity. Every cell in your body once had a microprocessor and a full array of digital networks and your genome once had a full array of wonderful genes. You once were a superman. Why don't you become one again? And bring us all along with you for the ride."

But alas, we have gone down the rabbit hole and you have gone down it too.

Last edited by Charles; 07-23-2020 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
... That's why taking care of yourself is so vitally important. Doing so improves your odds of avoiding the serious consequences of mutation (cancer for example) tremendously. Folks it's diet and exercise and self control. See your doctor regularly. Have a full battery of labs. Understand your labs. Be sure your blood pressure and blood sugar, cholesterol and lipids are are excellent ...
Agreed.

Here's Thomas Edison on the same subject:
"The doctor of the future will give no medication but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease."

Where Edison got it wrong was his faith in doctors. As we've already discussed, the healthcare industry has evolved to the point where curing disease isn't its goal. So the responsibility for proper healthcare really falls to us, the individual.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:20 AM

Charles, you may find this interesting! https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelea...ing-healthspan
Old 07-29-2020, 04:16 AM

I read the article. I believe yeast are single cell organisms. As such they do not age in the sense I am talking about. Yeast as an organism doesn't age otherwise there would be no more yeast. A great deal of research is miss guided. Yeast are fungi that have nuclei but have active telomerase and can divide forever. As you know yeast are used in baking and fermentation and I suppose can lose their ability to cause dough to rise and grapes to ferment, I don't know. But I'm not sure this is "aging". What they are describing is cellular malfunction that is probably related to mutation. When a cell loses its ability to divide it becomes senile. Certainly more than one defect can cause a cell to lose this ability.

Let's do a thought experiment. When a defective "aged" yeast cell divides the daughter cell inherits all the mutations and DNA instability of its parent. In other words it inherits the "age" of the parent. Do the extrapolation. But we still have plenty of yeast don't we?

These type organisms as I understand it divide by simple mitosis. That's why cloning of higher animals is no good. The clone is the same age as the parent. So if we "cloned" to reproduce as do yeast, our human race would quickly die out. However our germ cells have extremely long telomeres and active telomerase, so the biological age of the sperm and egg remain zero for the human lifespan.

However, the sperm or egg can develop genetic defects that can cause premature aging and all kinds of diseases that exacerbate the disease I call aging. This is why it is best to have children in your twenties and thirties, not your seventies.

Basically, I do not believe yeast are subject to the second law or to the disease known as aging. But they can develop mutations that mimic aging. Since all yeast divide/reproduce by simple mitosis, if yeast really aged as I understand aging, in my humble opinion eventually we would have no more yeast because the daughter yeast would inherit the "age" of the parent and die very quickly along with the parent.

Last edited by Charles; 07-29-2020 at 02:17 PM.