General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 10-15-2018, 02:53 AM

Happy belated B day .
Old 10-15-2018, 05:45 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofan1 View Post
Happy belated B day .
I have one acquaintance who considers the entire week of her birthday part of the celebration, not just the one day. So "belated" is nice as well. And I think I'm going to take her approach.

Barring something unforeseen I have the week off, so there'd be plenty of time to do something more "birthday-like" as long as it's not too expensive. I thought about some Junior's cheesecake, but after yesterday's debacle with the tortilla chips, maybe not. Even though they're organic, they're still chips. I'll see what I come up with. I'll report anything significant that occurs this week, ESPECIALLY if it's audio-related.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 10-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I have one acquaintance who considers the entire week of her birthday part of the celebration, not just the one day. So "belated" is nice as well. And I think I'm going to take her approach.

Barring something unforeseen I have the week off, so there'd be plenty of time to do something more "birthday-like" as long as it's not too expensive. I thought about some Junior's cheesecake, but after yesterday's debacle with the tortilla chips, maybe not. Even though they're organic, they're still chips. I'll see what I come up with. I'll report anything significant that occurs this week, ESPECIALLY if it's audio-related.
Ok. I did something audio-related. Taking advantage of Transparent's upgrade program, I have ordered two Transparent Premium power cords, which will replace the High-Performance Power Cords on my MC501s now. This is to be my birthday present to myself. I should be able to pick them up from the dealer Friday.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 10-18-2018, 05:48 AM
Semi-audiophile

And finally, in terms of birthday stuff, I ordered Yes: The Steven Wilson Remixes and Jacintha: Fire & Rain from Music Direct. So it's an expensive birthday.

I am treating a friend to a Jazz at Lincoln Center concert this Saturday, but that was planned a while ago and doesn't count, as far as I'm concerned.

Again, thanks for the well wishes to everyone.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:33 AM

Happy Birthday!

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
And finally, in terms of birthday stuff, I ordered Yes: The Steven Wilson Remixes and Jacintha: Fire & Rain from Music Direct. So it's an expensive birthday.

I am treating a friend to a Jazz at Lincoln Center concert this Saturday, but that was planned a while ago and doesn't count, as far as I'm concerned.

Again, thanks for the well wishes to everyone.
Ok, now I'm done. The power cords came in yesterday and I went and got them last night. And the Music Direct order just arrived as well. So I'm on the last legs of the "birthday bash." I also went to Junior's (on my way home from the gym no less) and picked up a pumpkin cheese pie. Not cake, but it'll do. Maybe it's less calories than the pumpkin cheesecake. If I REALLY want cake, I can have a slice tomorrow evening at the restaurant.

So there we have it.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:37 PM

Yep, get yourself some cake. Cake is good. Enjoy the new toys and music. Happy Birthday.

Cheers,

Scott
Old 10-21-2018, 06:03 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samac View Post
Yep, get yourself some cake. Cake is good. Enjoy the new toys and music. Happy Birthday.

Cheers,

Scott
Hi Scott,

On the last legs of this birthday thing. I did indeed have a slice of cake yesterday with dinner at the restaurant. German Chocolate. Really good (and BIG), though I'd prefer a bit less icing. And, to my surprise, my friend paid for dinner! She also brought me a small rum cake from Barbados. More calories. And the pumpkin cheese "pie" is really cheesecake but with some swirls on top and a thicker crust, along with a layer of pumpkin, as opposed to the regular pumpkin cheesecake which has the pumpkin flavor mixed throughout the batter. It's an expensive birthday in ways other than financial.

As for the new power cords, I spent an hour with them yesterday. They're more dynamic than their predecessors. Fanfare for the Common Man was awesome!
Old 10-22-2018, 02:30 PM

Happy Birthday Charles. Enjoy your special week.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:45 PM

Hey Charles,

I have to say the pumpkin cheese pie sounds outstanding. I bet you are going to be more and more pleased as your Transparent power cords accumulate hours. I got two new power cords earlier this year and it was well north of 300 hours before they settled in completely.

Cheers,

Scott