AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 03-03-2017, 12:53 AM

Following up on this thread. PHC1, did you take delivery of this beast? I happened to see someone with one at my dealer today and it sounded AWESOME. I didn't know you could tune a 6's exhaust to sound that deep and throaty.

I'm really curious how this purchase worked out for you.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:48 AM

I am also quite curious. I know I have looked at a few (less exciting) limited run vehicles at dealers here in Cincinnati, but the dealer markup keeps me from even considering many of these cars. I'm surprised that, even knowing the dealer, you were able to procure MSRP pricing on the BMW. I look forward to seeing some pictures!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I am also quite curious. I know I have looked at a few (less exciting) limited run vehicles at dealers here in Cincinnati, but the dealer markup keeps me from even considering many of these cars. I'm surprised that, even knowing the dealer, you were able to procure MSRP pricing on the BMW. I look forward to seeing some pictures!
My dealer has one listed at 134k which is msrp I believe. It's not exactly flying out of the lot. So maybe the aggregious pricing is backfiring.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:24 PM

Actually maybe it's just listed for msrp, but the reason it's not leaving the showroom is because they are taking competing offers above that? Who knows. You would think that they would have a buyer months before it was delivered, as in phc1's case.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Following up on this thread. PHC1, did you take delivery of this beast? I happened to see someone with one at my dealer today and it sounded AWESOME. I didn't know you could tune a 6's exhaust to sound that deep and throaty.

I'm really curious how this purchase worked out for you.
No, I never took delivery although the dealer came through for me and got me one at MSRP. I moved into a new place and my driveway is a bit steep and unforgiving to the ultra low front chin spoiler of the M4 GTS. I wasn't too upset, I doubt I would have had a lasting relationship with this very "focused" M4 GTS that really should be let loose on the track and not just casual backroad sprints that I enjoy the most when I do drive a sporty car. The guy in line after me was very pleasantly surprised to say the least.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
No, I never took delivery although the dealer came through for me and got me one at MSRP. I moved into a new place and my driveway is a bit steep and unforgiving to the ultra low front chin spoiler of the M4 GTS. I wasn't too upset, I doubt I would have had a lasting relationship with this very "focused" M4 GTS that really should be let loose on the track and not just casual backroad sprints that I enjoy the most when I do drive a sporty car. The guy in line after me was very pleasantly surprised to say the least.
Yeah it should be on the track, but I understand. Are you going to get something else instead?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Yeah it should be on the track, but I understand. Are you going to get something else instead?
Itching for another sports car but weighing out my options at the moment. If I do get a GT3, with a manual, it will be with me for the next 20 years at least. Just because I would not be able to resist... That's all I'll ever need. (even the GT3 is too much car for the streets realistically speaking). But it is completely unnecessary for the type of driving I do mostly.

If not, I would enjoy something along the lines of Cayman S or Boxster S, possibly a C7 Corvette or even explore cheaper and lighter alternatives like the Miata RF or the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86. Don't want anything over the top anymore, I've had my fun with the 500hp+ cars and kept my license (somehow) and I'd like to keep it that way. Just don't feel the need for insane performance anymore.

I don't miss my sport bikes either, last motorcycle I had was a Harley Street Glide, right after a few Ducati bikes. Never thought I'd get into just cruising instead of punching holes in the horizon with the sport bikes but I really did enjoy the nice relaxed cruising of a Harley. Nice comfortable sitting position, Led Zeppelin tunes, fresh air and scenic roads, just going at the speed limit, nothing more, soaking it all in, it was magic. I guess my attitude towards car has shifted this way as well.

Last edited by PHC1; 04-17-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:17 PM

I get where you are coming from. I have several bikes and they are all of the lean forward persuasion, including a couple of Ducati's. I sat on the new Triumph Bobber a week ago and it just felt "right."

I did not pull the trigger but it has got me thinking.

Terry
Old 04-17-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azbiker View Post
I get where you are coming from. I have several bikes and they are all of the lean forward persuasion, including a couple of Ducati's. I sat on the new Triumph Bobber a week ago and it just felt "right."

I did not pull the trigger but it has got me thinking.
Rent a Harley for a day or two, that will give you a good idea if the more relaxed sitting position and cruising does anything for you.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
If not, I would enjoy something along the lines of Cayman S or Boxster S, possibly a C7 Corvette or even explore cheaper and lighter alternatives like the Miata RF or the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86. Don't want anything over the top anymore, I've had my fun with the 500hp+ cars and kept my license (somehow) and I'd like to keep it that way. Just don't feel the need for insane performance anymore.
Why not get a Cayman GT4 on the used marketsince you mentionned MT and GT3? Some are still very brand new and the mark-up over MSRP is starting to reduce.