AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Audio Racks & Furniture

Audio Racks & Furniture Attractive and Functional Display for Gear

Old 11-21-2013, 03:54 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
IVAN--When did you start selling restaurant style broilers?
Gary... Where have you been?

MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 11-21-2013, 04:34 PM

That's a washer and dryer.

I meant these:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WOLFIRB36.JPG (74.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 11-21-2013, 04:35 PM

ya lost me ?
Bryston: B135 SST² & BHA-1; KEF LS50; NHT: B-12d Subwoofer & Classic 3's; Cambridge: Azur 851C, 650C, 550T; Simaudio 230D; APC H15; Skylan: Speaker Stands & Amplifier Platform; Transparent & Morrow Interconnects; Morrow SP4 Speaker Wire; Audio Sensibility Impact & Take 5 Asylum Delux Power Cables; Symposium: Rollerblock Series 2+(2), Rollerblock Jr.+(4), Segue Platform(2) & Isis Platform(2); Salamander Archetype Rack.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:10 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacg View Post
Hi Folks;
I just ordered sight and heard unseen from my local dealer a Salamander Archetype stand. A5/B & A3/B, mega spikes and coupling kit. Due to space limitations I have to go vertical and need 7 shelves. I must say, I was pleased to see that you are a dealer Masterlu. I had looked at the Synergy series, but in Canada at least, it was out of my budget. I would really appreciate any and all positive and negative feedback from folks on the Archetype rack. Any negatives I am made aware of, I have a chance to mitigate before I load the rack which is a big job. Any positives will make me smile :-). Thanks one and all.
Doug (dmacg)
I have two Salamander Archetype racks, which have served me well. My only advice is to plan ahead, put the heavy items on the bottom, and be very wary of bumping the threaded rods (will shred the edges of equipment). I put a component on a shelf before putting the next shelf on and connected cables after I was done, but I had the luxury of being able to get behind the rack without moving it. If it is a tight fit you may want to connect cables to components as you go. Use the level!

Since the bottom legs are narrow a tall rack can be tippy. Give some thought to maximum safe height and whether your floor is level. My floor was not (basement). I made sure the shelves were level with the weight of components evenly centered and decided 5 high (about 40 inches) was as high as I dared go. Been 4 years with no issues.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 PM

I have the Salamander Venice 323 with the Antique Cherry Finish. It is an absolutely beautiful piece of furniture with a very solid six shelf aluminum chassis audio rack inside. My wife absolutely loves the way it looks and it fits in well with the decor of our room. She's not quite as happy with the looks of the Pass monoblocks I bought over the summer when she was away visiting her family...LOL. I did get matching cherry amp stands for them though!

Ken
Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 PM

Hello Chessman, great advice, I wont have the luxury of cabling it from behind, I'll have to do it as I go. I just bought a level today for it's arrival. The 'tippy' factor is a concern the problem is I have 7 components to rack. Where I have it set up you can't bump into it and it's a no kids/pets house. I guess I'll find out as I set it up with the components. I have 5 Symposium platforms and 5 sets of Rollerblock Jr's which I haven't used befor so I'm sure the set up will be a bit of a challenge. Again, your advice was invaluable, Thank you.

It's good to hear that your happy with your Salamander product Planarspeakerfan, thats good news, Thankyou.

Now I just have to figure out if I should put the Broiler or the washer and dryer on the bottom shelf for added stability.
Cheerio, Doug (dmacg)
Bryston: B135 SST² & BHA-1; KEF LS50; NHT: B-12d Subwoofer & Classic 3's; Cambridge: Azur 851C, 650C, 550T; Simaudio 230D; APC H15; Skylan: Speaker Stands & Amplifier Platform; Transparent & Morrow Interconnects; Morrow SP4 Speaker Wire; Audio Sensibility Impact & Take 5 Asylum Delux Power Cables; Symposium: Rollerblock Series 2+(2), Rollerblock Jr.+(4), Segue Platform(2) & Isis Platform(2); Salamander Archetype Rack.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
It's good to hear that your happy with your Salamander product Planarspeakerfan, thats good news, Thankyou.

Now I just have to figure out if I should put the Broiler or the washer and dryer on the bottom shelf for added stability.
Cheerio, Doug (dmacg)
Funny Doug!!
Old 11-22-2013, 02:47 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Hello Chessman, great advice, I wont have the luxury of cabling it from behind, I'll have to do it as I go. I just bought a level today for it's arrival. The 'tippy' factor is a concern the problem is I have 7 components to rack. Where I have it set up you can't bump into it and it's a no kids/pets house. I guess I'll find out as I set it up with the components. I have 5 Symposium platforms and 5 sets of Rollerblock Jr's which I haven't used befor so I'm sure the set up will be a bit of a challenge. Again, your advice was invaluable, Thank you.

Cheerio, Doug (dmacg)
Doug,

I think my tippy comment my have been too casually made. If each shelf is tightened securely, the rack is very rigid. With the heaviest items on the bottom there is not much reason to think it will tip over. Mine moves little if you push it, but it is sitting un-spiked on a thick carpet. Use routine vigilance and you will be fine.

More interesting is the Symposium pads and Rollerblocks, which I also use. They were like a component upgrade for me. Again, use the level. Then try this - install the Rollerblock Jr.s using only the bearing and the top half of the cup. The bearing rides on the Symposium shelf. This is incredibly friction free and a component with no cables attached will slide off an unlevel shelf. I suggest you put the Symposium shelves in as you assemble the rack (that way you avoid the posts and can easily handle the components) and add the Rollerblocks last. If the bearing down technique is too spooky, use both halves of the cups for much less chance of rolling components. My gallery has pics of my bearing down arrangement under my CD player.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:49 PM

chessman,
Thanks again, you have been more than helpful. I intend to have most of the weight on the bottom shelves, I think I'll be ok. From my studies, it would seem to me that the "flex" aspect of the design would in fact give superior isolation to that of a very ridged stand. But hey, I could be wrong. I am very much looking forward to incorporating my Rollerblocks and Symposium platforms. Your suggestion sounds interesting, though I am reticent to try it simply for the possibility of movement of the shelf due to it's height. I'll see how it goes. I was also considering placing the Vibrapods I am currently using under the platforms. I haven't found any information or opinion on that from my limited research into it. I'm sure some one has tried it. My next step will be a big one, speakers. Problem is finding something in the $3to5k range that really out performs my humble NHT Classic 3's and B12d sub.
Cheerio, Doug
Old 12-01-2013, 09:51 PM

Randy,
My apologies for addressing you as chessman, I wasn't thinking.
Doug