AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 AM

Thanks for sharing Alberto.

Your description of your listening experience was moving and informative. It makes me want to plan an extended listening session. Time to escape the "rat race" and take time out for the music.
HAROLD... Pioneer Elite 7.1 Rcvr, (2)MC402 Power Amps, MC58 Multi Channel Amp, Vienna Beethovens and Oratorio Center, Boston Surrounds, (3)Outlaw Subs,(2)PS Audio PPP, Panasonic LCD Proj, Oppo Blu-ray, AppleTV, WireWorld Silver Electra Power Cords.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyc View Post
Congratulations Alberto! Maybe the destination is more fun than the journey

Jerome... I'm getting real nice 3-D holographics and spaciousness out of my 501's in combination with the C500T tube pre-amp, the old C46 made things more 2-dimensional but still sounded great.
I was using a C1000P with the 501's. Probably would have been better with a T.
I got a wonderful image with my ESL speakers and the 501's but the 2301's have a larger and deeper scene...

Enjoy the 501's :they are terrific amps !
Old 05-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Alberto...just like fine wine it gets better. Looking forward to reading more of your listening impressions.

Dave
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 AM

I know it's "heretical" to talk about power cord associated with SHINDO gear but I've done myself several trials on the Monbrison (Mk 1, no plexiglas window). As this moment an US military grade, Kapton insulated power cable is giving me intense satisfaction (his is way above the stock supplied cable that is sounding flat and with a not focused stereo image).
A friend a mine built that cable specifically for my Shindo preamp so I cannot guide you how to buy one, unfortunately.
I've tried in the past the LESSLOSS cable and it was very decent (however my system was not as 'transparent' as today with the SASHA).
Believe me on your AURIEGES you can get quite different results by swapping the power cord. You should give it a try, to reach the nirvana. Btw, an expensive NIRVANA 'prototype' mains cable also was truly fantastic on the Monbrison, probably the best I've tested (but 2400 Euros, no way..!).
Old 05-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellindo View Post
I know it's "heretical" to talk about power cord associated with SHINDO gear but I've done myself several trials on the Monbrison (Mk 1, no plexiglas window). As this moment an US military grade, Kapton insulated power cable is giving me intense satisfaction (his is way above the stock supplied cable that is sounding flat and with a not focused stereo image).
A friend a mine built that cable specifically for my Shindo preamp so I cannot guide you how to buy one, unfortunately.
I've tried in the past the LESSLOSS cable and it was very decent (however my system was not as 'transparent' as today with the SASHA).
Believe me on your AURIEGES you can get quite different results by swapping the power cord. You should give it a try, to reach the nirvana. Btw, an expensive NIRVANA 'prototype' mains cable also was truly fantastic on the Monbrison, probably the best I've tested (but 2400 Euros, no way..!).
Hi Cellindo,

Great system (the one in your signature) what an eclectic assortment of first-class component!

About the power cords. Thank you for your advice. My next step is getting the Shindo Monbrison in a couple of weeks - along with some recommended interconnects. After a few weeks with that - once I know the sound of my system - I might experiment with power cords as I have a few extra ones ... but there's a strong possibility that I will consider my system done and, as I have done in the past, stop messing around with it for at least a year and just focus on the music.

Alberto
Old 05-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks Alberto, what I can say about my system is that I'm "in love" with each of its component and then for some I even for years (CELLO / SHINDO) to be able to find these equipments.

A bit of tube is magic with Wilson Audio as the adage saying, thus the Monbrison. The Puccini and the CELLO bring the definition/transparency and neutrality/speed respectively.

The Monbrison is a serious "animal"; you will like it very much, trust me.