AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aerial Acoustics

Aerial Acoustics Exceptional Performance

Old 09-15-2015, 06:44 PM

Smile Aerial 5T

Just heard the new Aerial 5T today at AV Therapy in Nashua NH. Very impressive. Clear smooth top end w/plenty of detail in the mid range. The speaker needs some power to get the most out of it. The Bryston Integrated, Parasound or the 200 wpc Plinius would be excellent matches. The bottom end is tight and tuneful add a decent sub and you'll basically have a 6T. Nice wide sound stage w/the music coming slightly behind the speakers. Big bands sounded dynamic. Excellent neutral realistic sound. I listened for about an hour and it was typical Aerial, no listening fatigue at all. If the lights were off you would think these are bigger speakers. They are also very easy to place as they are front ported. As far as fit and finish all I have to say it's an Aerial.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:00 PM

My interest is piqued. Is this a new bookshelf? The Aerial brand has been on my radar for awhile now.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte 4A View Post
Just heard the new Aerial 5T today at AV Therapy in Nashua NH. Very impressive. Clear smooth top end w/plenty of detail in the mid range. The speaker needs some power to get the most out of it. The Bryston Integrated, Parasound or the 200 wpc Plinius would be excellent matches. The bottom end is tight and tuneful add a decent sub and you'll basically have a 6T. Nice wide sound stage w/the music coming slightly behind the speakers. Big bands sounded dynamic. Excellent neutral realistic sound. I listened for about an hour aue at nd it was typical Aerial, no listening fatigall. If the lights were off you would think these are bigger speakers. They are also very easy to place as they are front ported. As far as fit and finish all I have to say it's an Aerial.
that needs to be a slogan. silky smooth no matter the genre.

mc275VI 50th anniversary edition, c2300, rega p5, aerial acoustics 7t, Bryston BDA-1 dac, yamaha cdx550, dual 1237 turntable (not in use)
Old 09-24-2015, 10:44 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
My interest is piqued. Is this a new bookshelf? The Aerial brand has been on my radar for awhile now.
Just released about 2 weeks ago.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:06 PM

I was able to find one fairly grainy photo of these on Facebook. They look pretty sweet. Looking forward to more pics and specs.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:24 PM

I just did a home audition of the 5T. It's an amazing speaker that does everything just right. I'm still comparing brands but it is still the top contender.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 03-24-2016, 08:44 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
I just did a home audition of the 5T. It's an amazing speaker that does everything just right. I'm still comparing brands but it is still the top contender.
What else are you looking at?? And tell us your final decision. The 5T's are excellent speakers.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
What else are you looking at?? And tell us your final decision. The 5T's are excellent speakers.

I listened to Kef, Spendor, Totem, Penaudio, Opera, Bryston, PSB and Klipsch. I liked the 5t's the best. They will arrive tomorrow!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 03-25-2016, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up

Congrats enjoy the music.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Congrats enjoy the music.
Thanks Forte 4A. These speakers sound surprisingly good right out of the box. I almost want to keep them at home but they are going to the office with my Luxman L590AX.

I should have listened to John at AV Therapy when he suggested the 7T for my main system. I am very happy with the Aerial sound.