AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Focal Speakers

Focal Speakers The Spirit of Sound

Old 12-04-2017, 12:04 PM

As a Sopra owner I can say I’m very happy with them. I could eventually see my self switching to KEF’s Reference series one day. They are definitely worth a listen before you purchase.
Hegel P30 preamp : Hegel H20 power amp : Focal Sopra No 1 monitors : Dual JL Audio Fathom 110v2 subs : Lumin D1 streamer with SBooster BOTW power supply : Rega RP8 turntable with Apheta II moving coil cartridge : Lehmann Audio Decade Phono preamp
Old 12-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince11281 View Post
As a Sopra owner I can say I’m very happy with them. I could eventually see my self switching to KEF’s Reference series one day. They are definitely worth a listen before you purchase.
I will for sure. Thx!
Old 12-09-2017, 12:20 PM

I was at a Focal dealer yesterday and they just setup a pair of Kantas with a Naim Uniti unit (not sure if it was the star or nova). I must say it sounded amazing to me...better than the Sopras with C52/MC452 that they had setup as well. The Naim/Kanta setup wasn't even broken un as they had just set it up the night before.
The dealer had told me that the Kanta and the new Naim all in ones were designed to work very well together...and Im inclined to believe him. The system sounded so quick and engaging without having any of the excessive forwardness/brightness that some Naim and Focal systems I have heard in the past have.
Note that I am not into critical listening, and listening to audiophile tracks...with the classic rock and classical tracks I listened to the Naim/Kanta system just drew me in and made me want to listen more than the MC/Sopra system did. The price and simplicity is a lot better with that system as well. All in all I was very impressed...if this is the new house sound for Naim/Focal then they should do very well!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
I was at a Focal dealer yesterday and they just setup a pair of Kantas with a Naim Uniti unit (not sure if it was the star or nova). I must say it sounded amazing to me...better than the Sopras with C52/MC452 that they had setup as well. The Naim/Kanta setup wasn't even broken un as they had just set it up the night before.
The dealer had told me that the Kanta and the new Naim all in ones were designed to work very well together...and Im inclined to believe him. The system sounded so quick and engaging without having any of the excessive forwardness/brightness that some Naim and Focal systems I have heard in the past have.
Note that I am not into critical listening, and listening to audiophile tracks...with the classic rock and classical tracks I listened to the Naim/Kanta system just drew me in and made me want to listen more than the MC/Sopra system did. The price and simplicity is a lot better with that system as well. All in all I was very impressed...if this is the new house sound for Naim/Focal then they should do very well!
Cool!
Old 02-15-2018, 03:57 AM

I listened today to a pair of Kanta and thought they were ok Till!!!
A pair of Sopra 3 were bought into the room I swapped the speaker cables out on the Kanta
Into the sopra 3 No contest the sopra 3 in a completely different league just so much better.
I went to store thinking to get Kanta!
Ummm not now
Old 02-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie2 View Post
A pair of Sopra 3 were bought into the room I swapped the speaker cables out on the Kanta
Into the sopra 3 No contest the sopra 3 in a completely different league just so much better.
Ummm not now
Go for the Sopras you won't regret it!

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 02-17-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie2 View Post
Ummm not now
What was better about it aside from the bass?
Old 02-17-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
Cool!
I have a black pair of Sopra 3 I can let go for $13k
Old 02-17-2018, 05:52 PM

Sopra No2’s went up by $1,000. They are now $14,999 List price. They are a great speaker.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:06 PM

I love my Aria but all this Sopra Kanta talk makes the upgrade monkey hungry.