Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 10-31-2022, 05:13 PM

Default a few more pix....

Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr

Old 11-01-2022, 10:24 PM

I would love to hear that amp! Today I received an LP-2030 that I recently bought from a fellow on another site. Wow. What an extraordinary preamp-. I've owned nice octal preamps and even a type 85 unit (a Mercury, made by my friend Kara Chafee of DeHavilland hifi) and the 2030 is the most natural, involving and simply "right" sounding pre I've had. Just curious-- has anyone swapped the 5U4 for a 274B in a 2030? Not that I'm in any rush, mind you.

The rest of the system I'm using is a pair of home-brew PP 45 monos with 56 and 6SN7s on the front end and a 5Y3 rectifiers, Cain and Cain Super Abbys with a corner loaded, sealed box sub, an MHDT Orchid DAC, a Bel Canto CD2 and an Auralic Aries streamer. I couldn't be happier (although I am looking for an Inspire 6V6 or 807 SE amp to play around with... Also have a nice pair of custom horns with Onken style cabinets and a 421A amp en route along with a nice TT or two, tape machines and more. Too much gear.... The 2030 is a long term keeper.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:30 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

harryz… Welcome to AA!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 11-01-2022, 10:59 PM

Thanks Ivan!
Old 11-05-2022, 11:41 AM

Default Shootout at the 300B corral...

Since Dennis had finished his new 300B PSE and and all the usual suspects were available on Friday, we got together for an amp shootout. The count was 11 amps total, 10 of them different models...

Shown here are the 6V6'er, 7C5'er, Universal PSE, 46 SET, and 6FLV amps.

Here we have the 300B PSE flanked by a pair of 300B amps. Underneath is a prototype PSE, and my 45 PSE.

And of course let's not forget the Kleen Sweep amp...

Despite all this heavy metal, the PSE 300B was clearly the star of the show.

Dennis says this amp is the best one ever to play in the shop, and I'd have to agree with him. It literally blew everything else away. In it's current configuration it's putting out somewhere around 12 WPC. However, that number can't convey the incredible deep bass, the rich tones, and the sweet syrupy highs. The old dogma is that triodes are great for jazz, female vocals, etc, but don't have the oomph to handle rock and roll.

WRONG....

Here's a little Pat Travers...(Click on the image)

and here's a little club music...(Click on the image)

The amount of bass coming out of this amp and the Inspire speakers is nothing short of amazing. Typically they have not been as dynamic as the big shop prototypes, but with the extras power and dynamic range of the 300B PSE, they really open up and come alive. What's really amazing is that all that bass is coming from an open baffle design. We will be continuing to make the Inspire speakers as a custom order, and we be able to ship them in the near future.

Some spur of the moment critiquing...(Click on the image)

I would only add that the nice thing about that extra power, is that you don't necessarily have to use it all the time, but it sure is nice to have it when you want it. And if you don't got it, no amount of 4 letter words is gonna produce it from thin air...

Also spotted for the first time was the Kleen Sweep amp, 6-7 WPC of inexpensive Inspire power. This is a very...ahem...clean listenable amp with a bright upper end. Dennis is going to offer this one as his affordable, entry level offering into the Inspire line.

Dennis will be asking a mere $1500 for this one

In addition, I really enjoyed the 46 amp that I heard for the first time. This tube is like a juiced up 45 that although it is only rated at 2 wpc, it seems a whole lot more powerful than just a couple of watts. It also has that nice rich SET sound to it, while the Kleen Sweep is obviously a SEP amp.

The 46 SET amp will run an even $2000.

But for those of you who want the Ultimate Inspire amp, there can be no other than the 300B PSE. However, it is not for cheapskates or people with holes in their shoes.

The 300B PSE will run $8500.

However, realize that's with $3000 worth of brand new WE 300Bs, guaranteed for 5 years. I can not say enough about this amp. I wish I could afford one, but it's not in the cards, at least not yet...

"This is the Big Boy...."

Old 11-05-2022, 01:28 PM

Are those 6bg6 tubes in the Kleen Sweep? Dennis has mentioned to me that he really likes that tube. I’ve liked what I’ve heard from some GE 6bg6ga tubes in my Firebottle KT88.

That 300b PSE looks amazing. I’m sure it sounds as good as it looks. Won’t be getting one sadly, I can’t afford to play in the big boy’s club lol.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:18 PM

Wow! Thanks for sharing this Allan. I wish I could have been part of this listening session!

Still digesting price of the 300b PSE…whoa! The Kleen Sweep wasn’t on my radar. What kind of tubes will that take?
Old 11-06-2022, 11:47 AM

Wow, beautiful photos, certainly a great event with many impressions.
almost a bit like in the land of milk and honey.
It is certainly fascinating to hear the differences between the individual amplifier concepts.

I think it's comparable to a visit to Acapella in Duisburg.
here most of the speakers are ready for demonstration.

I used to be sad and depressed when I listened to a great system. It was always better than at home. But with the combination of Acapella la campamella and Inspire LP 2030 / 300b DJH
plays it just as well in my living room as in a large hall with a system for the equivalent of a house.

I have now reached the same level. Emotions, timbres, spatial staggering, dynamics, naturalness, bass power, etc.
and apart from the maximum volume, I have no limitations. but who hears at home on the original level of a live concert in the stadium. my maximum achievable volume is more than sufficient, and my neighbors also know my music taste......

The new 300 PSE is worth a sin, and I call it a special offer for the price, but unfortunately out of my reach.

With other well-known manufacturers, similar concepts often cost 2 to 3 times the price.

The only thing that helps me is to work a lot and save money.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:27 PM

I read Steve Huff's review and watched the video.

I can confirm most of his statements.

I don't know if it's the combination with its speakers or the room, or if the 300b DJH from me has a little more power, but with my 93db horn speakers also works electro and hard rock up to very high volumes. there is no lack of bass intensity / volume or attack and speed, even had banging is possible if it is required.

Otherwise, it was a very nice report that praises Dennis about everything.
Old 11-07-2022, 07:57 PM

Someone please get me in contact with Dennis, I NEED a 300B PSE.