AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 06-07-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azbiker View Post
Added a new bike to the garage this week. My son and I were at the dealership to see it uncrated. It's a 1299 Panigale V4 S Corse Edition. Enjoying getting to know this bike.

Congrats! Do you find the Panigale comfortable? I test rode the first Panigale available at Fast By Ferracci some years back and couldn’t imagine riding it for more than 20-30 min on the streets.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Added a new bike to the garage this week. My son and I were at the dealership to see it uncrated. It's a 1299 Panigale V4 S Corse Edition. Enjoying getting to know this bike.

Beautiful!
Old 06-07-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Congrats! Do you find the Panigale comfortable? I test rode the first Panigale available at Fast By Ferracci some years back and couldn’t imagine riding it for more than 20-30 min on the streets.
Yes, I do. Much more so than my MV F41000s or Paul Smart LE. I rode a close friend's 1299 S twin on a recent trip to Iowa. I spent 2 hours on his Panigale S before moving over for two hours on his K1300s HP. It was that 2 hours on his Panigale that prompted me to look into a new bike. Found out Ducati was releasing this Corse Edition and decided I had to have one.

Terry
Old 06-07-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do. Much more so than my MV F41000s or Paul Smart LE. I rode a close friend's 1299 S twin on a recent trip to Iowa. I spent 2 hours on his Panigale S before moving over for two hours on his K1300s HP. It was that 2 hours on his Panigale that prompted me to look into a new bike. Found out Ducati was releasing this Corse Edition and decided I had to have one.
That's awesome! I'm 6'2" and 215 lb so not exactly a frame for a super sport bike. I did not find my 748 EVO comfortable either but did enjoy the heck out of the Pikes Peak edition Multi-Strada! I don't ride bikes much anymore.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:08 PM

My 1st street bike was this 1980 Honda 750 Custom.
In 1980 I took it on a 7-day, 2900 mile trip up to Estes Park and then down to the Grand Canyon and then back to Texas.
No fairing or leathers - about killed me on this long trip!!

Old 07-04-2020, 03:44 PM
Retired

Brother just sent this pic of us on a couple of our motorcycles outside the barn we stored them in (we had another dozen inside) on our family farm. Must have been around 1995. I'm on the '72 Triumph T100R 'Daytona' and he is on a '72 BMW 75/5. Great fun and both ran like new.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg T-100R.jpg (62.4 KB, 219 views)
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 07-05-2020, 04:10 AM

My last motorbike, Laverda 3c 1000cc - still miss it all these years later. 20200430_150502.jpeg
Old 07-09-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Brother just sent this pic of us on a couple of our motorcycles outside the barn we stored them in (we had another dozen inside) on our family farm. Must have been around 1995. I'm on the '72 Triumph T100R 'Daytona' and he is on a '72 BMW 75/5. Great fun and both ran like new.

Love the photo and the bikes!!!

Terry
Old 10-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Awaiting the Moto Guzzi V7 Racer to add to the collection.
There is something very relaxing about cruising on a bike that only has 48 HP. A nice change of pace. I've always wanted a cafe racer type of a bike too..
Serge - are you still riding? I sold my last bike some years ago after my hip replacement.

Do recall fondly the Sunday morning gatherings and ride from New Hope (until banned as new crop of properly PC city leaders took over - too sad).
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 10-16-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Serge - are you still riding? I sold my last bike a some years ago after my hip replacement.

Do recall fondly the Sunday morning gatherings and ride from New Hope (until banned as new crop of properly PC city leaders took over - too sad).
Glenn, that bike brings back memories.

I owned a few Moto Guzzi bikes and that “V7 racer version” was a fun ride. In fact another member of AA bought and enjoyed that bike from me. I’ve had quite a few different bikes over the years...

New Hope was always a fun destination and I’ve ridden in the area for a few decades. Motorcycles are still gathering at New Hope but I do recall they were strictly enforcing noise regulations at one point. It would be very unusual not to see motorcycles at New Hope weather permitting.

I have not ridden at all past five years and I don’t think I will anymore but I certainly live in the area where I could enjoy riding on the scenic back roads. Perhaps if I really get the itch again... I may pick up another bike.

Do you ride at all? I do see quite a bit of older couples enjoying the 3 wheeled Harley and other brands as they are easier to manage, more stable and comfortable. It’s never too late to enjoy the open air riding.