AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM

Indeed, Axiss prices are exorbitant. DP-700 is $30.000 in retail !
Old 04-07-2012, 06:18 PM

This is just up:

MONO AND STEREO Ultra High-End Audio Magazine: Franco Serblin Accordo test - review exclusive world first
Old 04-08-2012, 10:55 AM

Hi Guys...you may like to read this review.

MONO AND STEREO Ultra High-End Audio Magazine: Franco Serblin Accordo test - review exclusive world first

There is a section on 'Franco Serblin vs Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution'...I'm a GE owner and some of the reviewer's comments is a little in my face, as well as current Futuras owners, and reviewers globally whom have rated current SF designs highly and worthy of applaud. Without a doubt both speakers sound or voice differently after all its a different speakers and had to be taken objectively not subjectively...
Old 04-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Thanks for posting that-- hmm I frankly have to agree re the comments on the recent Guarneri models from SF,having compared the latest incarnations --including the Palladios
for myself

I must concur these versions have lost the SF "magic" of the original SFGH's.

Des
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by larevoj View Post
Hi Guys...you may like to read this review.

There is a section on 'Franco Serblin vs Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution'...I'm a GE owner and some of the reviewer's comments is a little in my face, as well as current Futuras owners, and reviewers globally whom have rated current SF designs highly and worthy of applaud. Without a doubt both speakers sound or voice differently after all its a different speakers and had to be taken objectively not subjectively...
That piece is an Homage to Franco Serblin more than it is a review. No problem as Franco certainly has earned the praise over his illustrious career. That said, I never understand the reviewing community's need to denigrate one in order to elevate another.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
That piece is an Homage to Franco Serblin more than it is a review. No problem as Franco certainly has earned the praise over his illustrious career. That said, I never understand the reviewing community's need to denigrate one in order to elevate another.
It doesn't look like total denigration to me, after all there is a praise of Sonus Faber also. Perhaps we're not accustom to stronger views these days .
Old 04-08-2012, 12:34 PM

I am sure Accordo sounds good and in fact I am still looking forward to have an objective listen after seeing the static display in Hong Kong last year...

However, I do not agree with the reviewer...I doubt the current speakers of both Ktema or Accordo from Franco Serblin (FS) sound the same or rather faithful of what it used to be.

Audio Federation Blog » Blog Archive » CES 2012 - Franco Serblin Ktema, Air Tight, Transrotor - High-end Audio Blog

This is not suggesting Ktema or Accordo is any worst from FS's past successes - it is about getting to closer to the truth and embracing what it can be. Likewise Evolution and Futura is a step towards a balance signature that is faithful to what was recorded yet never taking away the pleasure of immersing one into music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesW View Post
Thanks for posting that-- hmm I frankly have to agree re the comments on the recent Guarneri models from SF,having compared the latest incarnations --including the Palladios
for myself

I must concur these versions have lost the SF "magic" of the original SFGH's.

Des

Last edited by larevoj; 04-08-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:28 PM

I recently had a chance to audition both the Ktema and the Futura using familiar music at their respective hk dealers. While amplification and room dimensions were different, I have to say that both speakers sounded more alike than different. Both retain the glorious mids And silky highs of Serblin's classic designs that flattered vocals and strings. And yet, I felt that both designs have evolved to being more neutral speakers without tipping over to sounding cool or clinical. STRANGELY, I felt that the Futura sounded more like a classic Sonus, sounding warmer and less bright. Btw, the ktema was driven by a dartzeel pre and D'agostino stereo amp while the Futura was juiced by an ARC ref 5 and a DS 225 amp. At roughly 35k, neither speaker could hold a candle to the fabulous Aida but even that exhibited the classic Sonus musical DNA in a grand, majestic way. I believe that my humble comments are not without basis being a former owner of the original Guarneri and the Strads, both of which I still dearly love and respect.

Last edited by Dafos; 04-08-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by miziq View Post
It doesn't look like total denigration to me, after all there is a praise of Sonus Faber also. Perhaps we're not accustom to stronger views these days .
Building up one by denigrating the other is hardly new or "stronger." Hence my rhetorical question.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafos View Post
I recently had a chance to audition both the Ktema and the Futura using familiar music at their respective hk dealers. While amplification and room dimensions were different, I have to say that both speakers sounded more alike than different. Both retain the glorious mids And silky highs of Serblin's classic designs that flattered vocals and strings. And yet, I felt that both designs have evolved to being more neutral speakers without tipping over to sounding cool or clinical. STRANGELY, I felt that the Futura sounded more like a classic Sonus, sounding warmer and less bright. Btw, the ktema was driven by a dartzeel pre and D'agostino stereo amp while the Futura was juiced by an ARC ref 5 and a DS 225 amp. At roughly 35k, neither speaker could hold a candle to the fabulous Aida but even that exhibited the classic Sonus musical DNA in a grand, majestic way. I believe that my humble comments are not without basis being a former owner of the original Guarneri and the Strads, both of which I still dearly love and respect.

Uh oh. Now you've done it.