AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Burmester Audio

Burmester Audio Art for the Ear

Old 02-06-2011, 02:38 PM

Personally, I prefer a pair of 911's to a 909. But for those with amazing power demands, the 909's can be bridged to make two even BIGGER amps.

But the 911's are really special!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepub View Post
Personally, I prefer a pair of 911's to a 909. But for those with amazing power demands, the 909's can be bridged to make two even BIGGER amps.

But the 911's are really special!
Dear Jeff

I'm fully agree with you...A mono-pair of 911's with preamp 808 MK5 sounds really fantastic.

All the best from Italy,
Rocco
Old 02-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Rocco, have you had the privilage to hear the 089 used as CDP and preamp, vs. 088 preamp and DAC? I was wondering how the preamp seciotn of the 089 compares to the 088. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2me View Post
Rocco, have you had the privilage to hear the 089 used as CDP and preamp, vs. 088 preamp and DAC? I was wondering how the preamp seciotn of the 089 compares to the 088. Thanks!
Hi.

I listened for almost 3 hours to my dealer the combo 088/089 with 911's and B30 and really amazing me that sound's result.

But, I didn't listen the Burmester 089 used as cd player and preamp only.

For my experience, when I holded the cd player Burmester 001 (previous Top Line cd player and now replaced by the 089's), also equipped with a very good line preamplifier, I achieved a very good sound, but when I inserted in my system the preamp Burmester 011 (001's was used as pure cd player only), the sound was much better in all parameters, especially in dynamic.

I tried also to use my 069's as pre and dac only. Even if the sound's performance is very good, when I use my preamp 808 MK5, the improvement is substantial.

According my test, I've to say that a pure preamplifier, especially Burmester preamp, is the "hearth" of any Hi-End system.

With best regards,
Rocco
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
Dear Jeff

I'm fully agree with you...A mono-pair of 911's with preamp 808 MK5 sounds really fantastic.

All the best from Italy,
Rocco
Great choice Rocco!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
Hi.

I listened for almost 3 hours to my dealer the combo 088/089 with 911's and B30 and really amazing me that sound's result.

But, I didn't listen the Burmester 089 used as cd player and preamp only.

For my experience, when I holded the cd player Burmester 001 (previous Top Line cd player and now replaced by the 089's), also equipped with a very good line preamplifier, I achieved a very good sound, but when I inserted in my system the preamp Burmester 011 (001's was used as pure cd player only), the sound was much better in all parameters, especially in dynamic.

I tried also to use my 069's as pre and dac only. Even if the sound's performance is very good, when I use my preamp 808 MK5, the improvement is substantial.

According my test, I've to say that a pure preamplifier, especially Burmester preamp, is the "hearth" of any Hi-End system.

With best regards,
Rocco
Hi Rocco,

I'm confused did you replace your 011 with 808MK5? If so what was the sound difference?

Believe it or not I just picked up another 911MK3 should be here next week. I'm trying to decide whether to have a custom made adapter from the same company that all my other cables are from or just buy the Burmester adapter cables.

John
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects
Old 02-16-2011, 01:43 AM

Default Burmester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas View Post
Hi Rocco,

I'm confused did you replace your 011 with 808MK5? If so what was the sound difference?

Believe it or not I just picked up another 911MK3 should be here next week. I'm trying to decide whether to have a custom made adapter from the same company that all my other cables are from or just buy the Burmester adapter cables.

John
Hi John.

Sincere congratulations. The second 911's is really a very good step ahead in all sound concerns. The sound has much more delicacy.

I replaced the 011's with the 808 MK5's (it was compared also with 077). The sound of 808 MK5 is different from the 011's and at my ears is much better. Of course also the league is different. The 808 MK5 has a more refined sound, dynamic from top to the upper octaves, superb resolution, transparency, space and air, harmonic detail, timbral truth and dynamic agility against a setting of golden silence. The soundstage is realistic with individual images well dimensional and very good air between instruments, particularly in the front-to-back dimension. The instruments and singers locations with perfect accurancy are clearer and there was more distinctiveness among individual performers.The overall sound benefits are so stunningly and the differences with the good 011's are massive. These differences as honestly and precisely as ever I’ve heard. After a long listening session with my Burmester 808 MK5, I truly understood the reason why that it is branded as the reference Pre Amp circling within both the professionals and audio enthusiasts around the globe. With the 808 MK5, a mono-pair of power amps Burmester 911 MK3, the cd player Burmester 069, the power conditioner Burmester 948 and Burmester B80, as well as my own system, performs all tasks beautifully and allows the listener to enjoy the purest of musical sounds.

P.S.: I recommend you to buy the "Burmester mono adapter cables" made by the Burmester Silver Cable.

Best regards,
Rocco

Last edited by Rocco; 02-16-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Great choice Rocco!

Best regards,
Rocco
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM

Now replace the Burmester power conditioner with a Running Springs Dmitri and you'll be blown away. Dmitri for the low level stuff and a maxim for your 911's...
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 PM

Ok I just found out that the Burmester Y adapter for the mono 911 MK3's will require interconnects also. It seems to me if your not going to use Burmester interconnects (which I'm not)that it would make more sense to have a special balanced Y adapter interconnect made from the same company that my current cables are. What do you Burmester folks think?

John
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects