AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
On the control 10 can you use the digital output to a DAC and the Meridian speakers link to some Meridian DSP speakers at the same time making the Control 10 a 2 zone controller?
Victor, I think you can but the music is the same in both zones. To have different music playing simultaneously I think you need one more Control 10.

howie

check out

sooloos questions - The Hitchhikers Guide To Meridian

the opening poster asks the same question.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Victor, I think you can but the music is the same in both zones. To have different music playing simultaneously I think you need one more Control 10.

howie

check out

sooloos questions - The Hitchhikers Guide To Meridian

the opening poster asks the same question.
This will be fine, I don't plan on playing different music in the 2 areas. It would be nice to have the S/PDIF output to my main system a fixed full volume output and the Meridian speaker link to my bedroom DSP3100 speakers a variable output. Each answer leads to more questions. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this is possible in the Control 10 setup when I get it.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
This will be fine, I don't plan on playing different music in the 2 areas. It would be nice to have the S/PDIF output to my main system a fixed full volume output and the Meridian speaker link to my bedroom DSP3100 speakers a variable output. Each answer leads to more questions. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this is possible in the Control 10 setup when I get it.
Victor, bear in mind the DSP3100 doesn't have a speakerlink input only rca spdif.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Victor, bear in mind the DSP3100 doesn't have a speakerlink input only rca spdif.
I thought this was the case also. My dealer said there is a new version of the DSP3100 speakers with the Meridian speaker link on them. There is a big price increase along with this addition, I think he said the new price on the DSP3100 speakers is $6,000. He's getting these in for me to demo so I should know for sure when the speakers and Sooloos system comes in hopefully sometime next week.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
I thought this was the case also. My dealer said there is a new version of the DSP3100 speakers with the Meridian speaker link on them. There is a big price increase along with this addition, I think he said the new price on the DSP3100 speakers is $6,000. He's getting these in for me to demo so I should know for sure when the speakers and Sooloos system comes in hopefully sometime next week.
Ah I thought the 3100 had been discontinued or have they added speakerlink and made them the 3200s??
Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Ah I thought the 3100 had been discontinued or have they added speakerlink and made them the 3200s??
My dealer originally said that all the current speakers in the Meridian line up now have the Meridian Speaker link. The more I research this the more I think that it's not the case and the speakers he ordered for me to demo will NOT have the new speakerlink connection on them.

If this is the case, I don't think what I have planned will work. If the speakers do not have speakerlink on them the only way I would be able to hook them up (without more equipment) would be to get a Y cable and split the S/PDIF digital output on the Control 10 and send one to my main system and send one to the bedroom and the DSP3100 speakers. I'm not even sure if you can split a digital output like this, even if it does work it does not seem like a good idea.

I should know by the middle of next week, I think the Sooloos and speakers were shipped on Friday. I can't wait to play with these new toys.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I should know by the middle of next week, I think the Sooloos and speakers were shipped on Friday. I can't wait to play with these new toys.
Victor
I am looking forward to your comments on the sound quality and flexibility of the Sooloos system. I have been able to play with the interface at the local dealer but have not been able to A/B it with other good sources, nor did I ever try adding or modifying CD information.

Are you able to add and play hi-rez files thru the unit?
Jim
Old 06-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Victor
I am looking forward to your comments on the sound quality and flexibility of the Sooloos system. I have been able to play with the interface at the local dealer but have not been able to A/B it with other good sources, nor did I ever try adding or modifying CD information.

Are you able to add and play hi-rez files thru the unit?
Jim
Just like my MS750, the Sooloos will be going through my MDA1000. I don't expect to hear any sound difference but I'll for sure check it out.

The Sooloos can play FLAC files up to 24/96.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Just like my MS750, the Sooloos will be going through my MDA1000. I don't expect to hear any sound difference but I'll for sure check it out.

The Sooloos can play FLAC files up to 24/96.
How will you load these files after you download them? Is there a web interface like on the Olive unit where you mount the SooLoss then drag and drop the files into the server?

If it is going thru the MDA-1000 then you should have great sound.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
How will you load these files after you download them? Is there a web interface like on the Olive unit where you mount the SooLoss then drag and drop the files into the server?
Yes, once the files are downloaded it's a simple transfer from the PC to the Sooloos.

The Sooloos components connect to each other through a gigabit router. Just hook your PC up to the same router then transfer the files. This is also how I will load my MS750 backup to the Sooloos.