AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 12-28-2017, 03:02 PM

Default Blinking red led on both ms750 and ms300

Hi Guy's,

It's been a while that I did not use my music servers ms300 & ms750 (probabely 6 months or more). Today I connected them to the 220 volt and the red led started blinking as if they were starting up but the blinking does not stop and when I push the start button (red button), nothing happens, no light in the digital display.
The ms300 already has a new power supply, type PicoPSU.
Can somebody help please???

Thanks!!

Regards

Rudi from Belgium
Old 12-28-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho View Post
Hi Guy's,

It's been a while that I did not use my music servers ms300 & ms750 (probabely 6 months or more). Today I connected them to the 220 volt and the red led started blinking as if they were starting up but the blinking does not stop and when I push the start button (red button), nothing happens, no light in the digital display.

Thanks!!

Regards

Rudi from Belgium
When you plugged them in, how long did you wait for the blinking to stop and go solid red? Could take 2-5 minutes. If nothing, try holding the start button for 4 seconds to see if they will reboot (you should hear a quiet click sound), then wait for 2-3 minutes and see if the blinking goes solid red.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho View Post
Hi Guy's,

Thanks!!

Regards

Rudi from Belgium
I had the exact same problem. I'm in the process of trying to get it fixed. I had the power supply re-built but that didn't solve the problem. My hard drive was also found to be bad so I will replace it this weekend and re-load and see what happens. If that doesn't work I guess the main board would be the net thing to replace. Sorry
Old 12-29-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDog View Post
I had the exact same problem. I'm in the process of trying to get it fixed. I had the power supply re-built but that didn't solve the problem. My hard drive was also found to be bad so I will replace it this weekend and re-load and see what happens. If that doesn't work I guess the main board would be the net thing to replace. Sorry
Very strange that they have suddenly both the same problem, and yes I waited for almost half an hour and tried also to reboot by holding the red button for 10 seconds
Old 12-29-2017, 11:17 AM

I would try unplugging each, then pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds or so, then plugging back in and waiting 4-5 minutes to see if the pilot light goes solid. When you say 6 months ago you ran them, was this in same location there in Belgium or somewhere else? If yes, are these two units dedicated 220V machines or are they 110V's running off a transformer?
Old 12-31-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbroimp View Post
I would try unplugging each, then pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds or so, then plugging back in and waiting 4-5 minutes to see if the pilot light goes solid. When you say 6 months ago you ran them, was this in same location there in Belgium or somewhere else? If yes, are these two units dedicated 220V machines or are they 110V's running off a transformer?
It was in Belgium 6 months ago and both are 220 volt machines!!
Old 01-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Wow, that seems so remote (2 out of 2) as to be incomprehensible. If they ran there 6 months ago, they should still run I would think. I coudl maybe see one not booting, but both??? Crazy.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbroimp View Post
Wow, that seems so remote (2 out of 2) as to be incomprehensible. If they ran there 6 months ago, they should still run I would think. I coudl maybe see one not booting, but both??? Crazy.

I agree!

Rudi, were they moved at all or simply unplugged for 6 months, then plugged back in recently?
Old 01-02-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
I agree!

Rudi, were they moved at all or simply unplugged for 6 months, then plugged back in recently?
Just unplugged!!
They are both on my psaudio power plant and the switch was off so they were both without tension.