AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Headphones, Personal Listening Gear

Headphones, Personal Listening Gear Personal Listening at its Best

Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 AM

Default Audeze LCD-3

Anybody heard these? I'm impressed with my LCD-2's, but my RSA B-52 lacks the balls to drive them properly. I need to order a 1/4 cable to try them with my EAR HP-4.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 PM

I heard them at CanJam at RMAF and I felt they stole the show. They sounded especially good with the Cavalli Liquid Fire and Red Wine Audio amps.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:08 AM

Most of the early forum feedback on the LCD3 seems really favourable... am keen to hear them also even though a few owners have said not such a big improvement over the LCD2s... I think the expectations might be set high.

On headphone amps for Audeze I've been using the Violectric V200 with the LCD2 and it has a heap of drive and finesse and is considered a particularly good match for the Audeze... will keep it either way ...but I am very tempted by the Cavalli LF... I'm thinking that it might end up being the next and last headphone amp I buy

Graham

Last edited by audiot servant; 10-27-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiot servant View Post
Most of the early forum feedback on the LCD3 seems really favourable... am keen to hear them also even though a few owners have said not such a big improvement over the LCD2s.

I've been using the Violectric V200 with the LCD2 and it has a heap of drive and finesse and is considered a particularly good match for the Audeze... will keep it either way ...but I am very tempted by the Cavalli LF... I'm thinking that it might end up being the next and last headphone amp I buy

Graham
How do you like your new 3.7's? I am waiting anxiously for the 20.2's, although my finance aren't!

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:55 AM

Smile

The 3.7's are mostly the reason I don't have too many hours up on my headphones... they are one of the best investments I've ever made in terms of listening to music... just joyful.

I only go to the LCD2 at night when the conscience eventually kicks in

Graham