AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Pre-Amps & Amplifiers

Pre-Amps & Amplifiers All Brands Welcome

Old 05-03-2018, 05:30 PM

Benchmark AHB2

https://benchmarkmedia.com/products/...ower-amplifier
Old 05-03-2018, 06:24 PM

I wish there was more info (and dealers) for the David Belles amps. They look like a nice, high value amp. The Aria basically has the same specs as the amps I'm using now; so I'd have to look at his higher power amps. I only found a review on the Aria though.

I would probably have to find the Rogue Medusa used. They're obviously a good amp, not only from reviews; but because when they are posted for sale they sell in a few days. The used Brystons seem to sell very fast as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
Without posting a specific link (against AA forum rules), I’d be interested in hearing what issues others are having with Schiit. I’ve been absolutely happy with all my purchases as have a lot of members here on AA.
As to the Schiit, I would say you can Google it, but I use DuckDuckGo. If you search "yggdrasil measurement", you will probably find the forum thread near the top of the search results.
I hadn't gone looking for it, but stumbled upon it a couple months ago. The forum has a few other threads on other Schiit he measured as well.
Of course, as we know on this forum, measurements are not everything. Though, what he found and explained was the first thing that made me a little less enthusiastic about Schiit. The second thing was what he and other forum members said about their interactions or conversations with Schiit in other forums.
You'll have to read the threads for yourself to determine how much truth they contain. As I said, I'm just a bit less enthusiastic about buying more of their products now. I still greatly enjoy my Gungnir and Asgard2 which I have owned so long that they're probably off warranty.

As Cohibaman said, people on AA have had great experiences with Schiit and their products, so any further discussion of the concerns with Schiit should be left to the other forum.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:40 PM

The Benchmark AHB2 certainly has impressive measurements that have been confirmed in reviews; and quite a few satisfied owners when paired with the right speaker.

It's a great time to be an audiophile. There are quite a few very good new amps available in the expensive but still attainable price range for people of average income. Of course, yesterdays really good amps can be bought at a discount on the used market, but that can be overwhelming, time consuming, and frustrating (all three of those things in a few different ways); but now I know where to start if I need to.

I've ordered PS Audio amps from Ivan. I went with a pair of the M700 mono-blocks instead of the S300 stereo. I'll post my impressions in the PS Audio section as my schedule permits. The amps will need time to settle in anyway.

Thank you very much to all those who responded here. If I find that the PS Audio gear doesn't suit me, I'll still have these recommended amps I can try out.