AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > PS Audio

PS Audio Delivering the experience since 1974

Old 05-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Marlene was furious when Dan misunderstood her, "Dan, I said put the horse down for the NIGHT.
Oh, that is funny!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Two guys and a camel are walking in the desert lost and dehydrated. They finally come across an oasis in the sand with a lake. By this time the camel is so weak and dehydrated that he can't even sip the water by himself. What do we do says the one guy. The other gets an idea. I'll lower and hold his head in the water and you will have to suck on his rear end to get some water in him. A few minutes later the guy holding the camel's head asks the other how it's going. Not bad replies the other but can you hold his head a bit higher, all I'm getting is mud...

Dave
Old 05-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Dan I drank the water by putting the PPP in my system however my opinion is different then yours. I would say that by me putting the PPP in my system the same way the panamax was attached that I have done a fair comparison. Any difference is so slight as to be not audible to me. To those who can hear a difference terrific.

Last edited by 1KW; 05-01-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:57 PM

Ok, I got David's head, any takers on the other end?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:01 PM

Ok I amended my post
Old 05-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
Dan I drank the water by putting the PPP in my system however my opinion is different then yours. I would say that by me putting the PPP in my system the same way the panamax was attached that I have done a fair comparison. Any difference is so slight as to be not audible to me. To those who can hear a difference terrific.
I have learned many times over the years that it is very difficult to participate in forums if you "drink the water" but do not experience things the way you are expected to. I commend you for giving your true opinion and respect it.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:36 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaefer11 View Post
I have learned many times over the years that it is very difficult to participate in forums if you "drink the water" but do not experience things the way you are expected to. I commend you for giving your true opinion and respect it.
+1
Old 05-01-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I would be open minded in hearing what David has to say about any piece of gear as long as he puts his iPhone, computer or whatever else he is preoccupied with while he is listening to music and stop being a passive listener... As it stands, David will only appreciate the PPP once it is out of his system and suddenly as he raises his eyes away from the iPhone/Computer and his ears tell him that something is not quite right any more with his system. Or quite possibly he will never even notice...

So you see, a "true" opinion, while being a "true" opinion for the poster, may or may not actually be the actual truth. Not trying to plug the amps in also will not give him the "true" picture.

I am a very deep listener with many years of experience and I will admit that I don't always hear what I expect to hear from introducing a certain new tweak, various footers or even a certain different cable into the system but let me tell you that PPP, RGPC or PurePower has not been one of those cases at all. Now, there was a reason why I wanted to try a few different power conditioners out there and that is because they all made my system sound different.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I would be open minded in hearing what David has to say about any piece of gear as long as he puts his iPhone, computer or whatever else he is preoccupied with while he is listening to music and stop being a passive listener... As it stands, David will only appreciate the PPP once it is out of his system and suddenly as he raises his eyes away from the iPhone/Computer and his ears tell him that something is not quite right any more with his system. Or quite possibly he will never even notice...

So you see, a "true" opinion, while being a "true" opinion for the poster, may or may not actually be the actual truth. Not trying to plug the amps in also will not give him the "true" picture.

I am a very deep listener with many years of experience and I will admit that I don't always hear what I expect to hear from introducing a certain new tweak, various footers or even a certain different cable into the system but let me tell you that PPP, RGPC or PurePower has not been one of those cases at all. Now, there was a reason why I wanted to try a few different power conditioners out there and that is because they all made my system sound different.
I am sorry, but I think your dismissal of David's opinion is, well, nonsense.

Last edited by schaefer11; 05-01-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I am sorry, but I think your dismissal of David's opinon is, well, nonsense.
So you think.... And I think that your dismissal of my opinion is nonsense as well. So there...

Last edited by PHC1; 05-01-2010 at 07:59 PM.