AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > JL Audio

JL Audio Ahead of the Curve

Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 PM

Default JL Audio dealers

Probably not titled correctly, but in reading through this forum, I came upon the MSS thread and read completely through it. A few years back when I was building my theater I came across an ad on a used hi if for sale site for a brand new JL F113. Story was that before delivery of the guys new sub, he found he had to move. The sub was still sealed, NIB. We agreed on a discounted price, and a few days later I did in fact receive a brand new JL sub. Installed it and enjoyed it very much, but quickly realized it wasn't enough for my 27x27 theater area. The search was on for another to add to the mix. Imagine my reaction when a very similar story appeared on the same hi if site. Well due to the great transaction the occurred before, I stepped up and purchased a second. It arrived and all is well, no issues what so ever. It's just that after reading about unauthorized dealers, I suspect this was a spin on that same type deal. I have no issues with the product at all and now realize I probably have no warranty, but the intention when purchasing was never to go through the back door so to say. I was looking for a value in a good used sub at the time and felt very fortunate to have received what I considered the best of the best, and not only that but brand spanking new.

Not really sure why I felt compelled to post this, but keeping my local audio dealer in business and having him be there for the future is important to me. What's done is done, but I now suspect that someone cheated someone though the deals I received back then.

Thanks for reading

Daryn