AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 04-28-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
Some better Pics .. the close up of the mid driver displays the copper colour most like it is in real life
Beautiful, love the color choice, matches great with your room.

Can you post some pics of the external crossover. How does it attach to the speaker?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2017, 01:39 AM

Here is a pic , the Xover box has been modified from the early G1 spirit pics , its more a flat rectangular box than a cube.

It has a shortish umbilical chord with an 8 pole speakon connector going to the underside of the speaker and the usual bi amping (hf/lf) with links on the other side of the xover box.
Vivid use van den hull wiring throughout

You can make the speakers quad active if you bypass the Xover and use an 8 wire speakon to directly access each driver , but vivid wont warrantee the speaker if you do so (very easy to mess up and blow drivers etc with DSP based x/over )
I have the speakers on Castors .. the xover box has provision for spiking if you want , I need it on castors so it doesnt drag if I move the speakers..I need to buy some more

As to castors , VIVID themselves say it makes no difference if you spike the speakers , use the rubber feet or have em on castors .. so I am going to leave them on the $0.80c each "audiophile" Castors

Last edited by Rodney Gold; 04-29-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
Here is a pic , the Xover box has been modified from the early G1 spirit pics , its more a flat rectangular box than a cube. It has a shortish umbilical chord with an 8 pole speakon connector going to the underside of the speaker and the usual bi amping (hf/lf) with links on the other side of the xover box. Vivid use van den hull wiring throughout You can make the speakers quad active if you bypass the Xover and use an 8 wire speakon to directly access each driver , but vivid wont warrantee the speaker if you do so (very easy to mess up and blow drivers etc with DSP based x/over ) I have the speakers on Castors .. the xover box has provision for spiking if you want , I need it on castors so it doesnt drag if I move the speakers..I need to buy some more As to castors , VIVID themselves say it makes no difference if you spike the speakers , use the rubber feet or have em on castors .. so I am going to leave them on the $0.80c each "audiophile" Castors
Thanks. This is definitely a better design having the crossover external. Getting spades on their speakers has always been a challenge...

I hope you enjoy your new Giya's...
Old 05-23-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1998 View Post
Thanks. This is definitely a better design having the crossover external. Getting spades on their speakers has always been a challenge...
Getting spades on has never really been an issue, the bigger issue is having a speaker cable that will properly exit the rear of the speaker without propping it up.

Swapping speaker cables at the speaker end is in general something you don't want to do on Vivid Giyas (other than the Spirit) any more than necessary.