AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Hometown Section

Hometown Section Local Music Events, Get Togethers & Visits

Old 03-15-2015, 12:42 PM

Default A lovely day with Bart

Following our listening session with Cédric, the founder of Halgorythme, Bart wanted to try the monoblocks in his system. He offered me to join them and listen to his system.

I gladly made the short trip to Lille from where he picked me up. When we got to his very nice house, Meta was busy in the kitchen preparing the dinner. We had a quick bite and then started the system.

I must admit the Vivid are great speakers. I just love the way they look, they first appear alien but actually they integrate very nicely in a living room. They are not as big as you imagine and they are certainly not boxy. They have some sexy curves.

We played some jazz while waiting for Cédric to get there. Bart has some excellent taste in music and I ended up the day with new names on my wishlist
The Burmester did a great job and they are just superb to look at. They are very nicely engineered and match quite well the Vivid. Before I go on, the biggest constraint is the room and Bart is well aware of that. Windows are certainly nice but they do have a negative impact on the sound.

As good as the Burmester are good, they are no match to the Halorythme. Cédric came with his preamp and 24W monoblocks (which will be mine soon!). Immediately, we heard the difference with the Burmeister. The sound coming from the Halgorythme is cleaner, more pure. I found myself foot tapping which didn't happen with the Burmester. Bart was struck with the level of blackness that they brought to his system. We were also able to play the system at a louder volume without any stress.

While we were listening to music and enjoying the system, Meta was bringing the food which she prepared herself. Not only she's a great photographer, she's an amazing cook. To say that Meta and Bart are good host is quite an understatement.

Cédric is an exceptional person and it's always interesting to talk to him. You can see that this is a passion for him and he does that because he loves it. This is why he can achieve such an exceptional result. I also heard that he was invited in the US by someone impressed by what he does.

I was able to see that the 24W version is more than enough. I'm happy to have taken this route for my system. I'm actually getting impatient to have them in my room and hear what they can bring to the table. Bart will have to be more patient to receive his but they are worth the wait !

Big to AA which allow us to connect to each other and meet amazing people near and far.

Last edited by antipop; 03-15-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:48 PM

Thanks for sharing Georges.
I wish I was here with you.
As you know I am not surprised by the Burmester killing by Halgorythme.
Very few gear can compete against Halgorythme.
No matter the price.
I am very happy for Bart and Meta.
Congrats folks !
Old 03-15-2015, 12:49 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Too cool!!
Old 03-15-2015, 12:56 PM

Thumbs up

Georges,

Thanks for sharing what must have been a very pleasing meeting with very nice people!
Old 03-15-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
I wish I was here with you.
As you know I am not surprised by the Burmester killing by Halgorythme.
Very few gear can compete against Halgorythme.
No matter the price.
I am very happy for Bart and Meta.
Congrats folks !
We missed you as well and wished you were with us.

I need to confirm when Cédric can bring the amp and you are more than welcome to join us.

I told Bart that next time we see each other, it will be in Paris
Old 03-15-2015, 01:08 PM

Checked out the Halgorythme site... Very fairly priced products, taking into account the craftmanship required to build them ( in the air circuits ).
Old 03-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Georges.......I enjoyed reading your post. I felt like I was visiting with you and Bart.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-15-2015, 03:33 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post

To say that Meta and Bart are good host is quite an understatement.
Thanks for your kind words.
It was lovely having you here for the Halgorythme demo ... such a pity we cannot make it to Paris when your gear is being delivered.

Meta
Old 03-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Life is beautiful

Georges, as I wrote in my thread, I'm happy to count you amongst my friends.
Always welcome in my little country!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 03-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

Wow, just a wonderful story, I wish I was able to join in and enjoy the great fellowship!
Regards,
Jim